Become the first human to start the colonization of an alien planet, Galatea 37, and join the game’s Closed Pre-Alpha testing. Explore new territory, fight hostile inhabitants, and gather resources needed for maintaining and expanding your base. Construct power plants, teleport between bases, and grow flora to be used as your fuel source. The Riftbreaker™ from EXOR Studios – a new, thrilling base-building survival game – has just released a brand-new gameplay trailer alongside a new, expanded preview Alpha 2 version of the game. EXOR Studios has also started closed alpha testing of the game and is now accepting applications through its official Discord server. The first keys have been distributed, so hurry up if you’d like to take part in the first round of testing! The title will soon launch on PC, next-generation consoles, PS4, and Xbox One.
Meet Mr. Riggs – your advanced Mecha-suit capable of dimensional rift travel. Equip yourself with newly-crafted weapons and gear enhancements. Discover new minerals and plants to turn into your vital energy supply. Research the area and improve your defense. Hack, slash, and shoot countless enemies while dashing to avoid deadly strikes. Broadcast all your adventures through streaming services and engage your viewers with interactive Twitch and Mixer features like voting for new attack waves, changing event types to rain or meteor showers, unlocking new objectives, and more.
To sign up for The Riftbreaker’s closed Alpha test, visit the game’s official Discord server (https://discord.gg/exorstudios) and fill out the registration form.
Don’t forget to add the game to your Steam Wishlist (https://store.steampowered.com/app/780310/The_Riftbreaker/) so you don’t miss any news about its development.
A short sneak peek of what’s new in preview Alpha 2:
- Enjoy new customizable streaming features and engage your fans to influence your playthrough even more.
- Adjust the game to your personal needs with custom and random difficulty modes.
- Equip yourself with the Treasure Detector – use it to search for buried resources via a “hot’n’cold” mechanic, and add a new layer to your gameplay.
- Explore new surfaces – see how your character reacts when stepping on earth or metal flooring, or in sand and mud.
- Build more power plants, floors, and entirely new structures, and upgrade your towers and walls.
- Craft new weapons including the Plasma Gun, High Powered Laser, and more.
- New critical hit system.
- Overcome upgraded, more powerful enemies.
- New weather system with gameplay-changing events like meteor showers, storms, tornadoes, and others.
- Experience lots of new tweaks and improvements to current features!
ABOUT THE RIFTBREAKER™:
As Captain Ashley S. Nowak, “the Riftbreaker”, you enter a one-way portal to Galatea 37, a distant planet at the far reaches of the Milky Way. Your purpose is to build and develop a base that will allow travel to and from Earth for further colonization. Ashley’s Mecha-Suit, which she calls “Mr. Riggs”, can withstand the harshest environmental conditions and has a full range of equipment for base construction, resource extraction, specimen gathering, and of course – combat. It is also capable of traveling through rifts that connect space across vast distances.
THE RIFTBREAKER™– MAIN FEATURES:
- BASE BUILDING – Your task is to construct a two-way rift connected to Earth. This will be a very complex undertaking requiring enormous amounts of energy. Simple solar collectors and a few tons of steel will not be enough. You will need to build up an intricate chain of mines, refineries, power plants, and research facilities to complete this mission.
- EXPLORATION – Galatea 37 is an unknown planet in the Sycorax belt of the Milky Way. Remote surveys have detected that it is inhabitable and perfect for colonization. The planet is full of rare minerals and substances that can be found scattered across the globe. Various biomes will surprise you with unknown fauna and flora as well as harsh weather conditions. Construct local outposts in resource-rich locations to transport the required resources using rift technology.
- DEFENSE – Your presence on this planet will not go unnoticed! As you build up your industry and disrupt the natural order, the planet will start to see you as a threat. Build up your defenses. Construct walls, barriers, and defense towers as the attacks get stronger with every passing day. You will face thousands of hostile creatures trying to eliminate your presence.
- HACK, SLASH, SHOOT – Mr. Riggs can be equipped with powerful weapons and abilities that will allow you to take on the largest of beasts. You will need to be ready to face lots of hostile alien creatures as you explore the planet.
- GATHER SAMPLES AND STRANGE ARTIFACTS – Felled beasts will drop valuable research specimens as well as rare resources. Use everything you can gather to research and craft new technologies, buildings, weapons, and equipment. You can also scout the terrain using your sensors and dig for treasure buried underground.
- RESEARCH – Use your gathered samples to research new technologies that will help you build up your base, improve your defenses, develop new blueprints for your Mecha-Suit, or improve existing technologies.
- CRAFT – Mr. Riggs is fully customizable and upgradable. Use the blueprints that you’ve researched to craft new parts and weapons. Utilizing better materials in the crafting process will result in gear with improved properties. Each crafted item has unique properties.
- INTERACTIVE STREAMING – The Riftbreaker™ has built-in integration with all the most popular streaming services. The stream’s audience can actively participate in the game through multiple options, e.g. by voting to send waves of new enemies, donating resources, or spawning environmental disasters like a tornado.
- THE SCHMETTERLING ENGINE – This game is built using the latest iteration of EXOR Studio’s in-house developed Schmetterling 2.0 engine, which was previously used to create X-Morph: Defense™ and Zombie Driver™. We pride ourselves in delivering fluid gameplay and utilizing all your hardware’s capabilities: uncapped frame rate, support for widescreen monitors, customizable controls, and more.
- COMMUNITY-DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT – If you’ve already read everything up to this point, then you might be interested in helping us shape the game. Please get in touch with us via our forums, our official Discord server, or any other of our social media channels. We’ll be sharing inside info about the progress of the game’s development, and we’d love to hear your feedback. Please come and help us make The Riftbreaker™ the game YOU want to play!
The Riftbreaker™ is under development, and its release date will be announced at a later time.
More information about the game can be found on Steam (https://store.steampowered.com/app/780310/The_Riftbreaker/), the official website (http://www.riftbreaker.com/), Facebook, and Twitter.
All promo materials are available for download HERE.
If you have any questions about the game, please get in touch with Asia Przybyłowicz at [email protected] or call +48 666 375 228.
|About Exor Studios|
EXOR Studios is an independent game studio located in Szczecin, Poland. A team of passionate veterans, EXOR Studios is focused on delivering high-quality titles for core gaming platforms – PC and consoles. EXOR Studios was officially founded in 2007; however, the company’s roots as a modding group can be traced back to as early as 2003. The studio’s first major project was D.I.P.R.I.P., a total conversion mod for Valve Software’s Source Engine. The experience and know-how gained from this project have allowed the team to produce the games they really love and want to make. The first standalone game from EXOR was Zombie Driver, which has sold over 800,000 copies across multiple gaming platforms. The studio’s latest game, X-Morph: Defense, released on PC, Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch to the acclaim of game critics and players alike. https://www.exorstudios.com