Exclusive: ‘Jack Ryan’ Season 3 Writers Room Gets Overhaul; 8 New Replacement Writers Added to Amazon Series
The GWW has learned that Amazon has decided to completely overhaul the writers’ room of ‘Jack Ryan’ season 3. This decision was made after Amazon was disappointed by how ‘Jack Ryan’ season 2 was received by fans and critics.
This news shouldn’t be all too surprising to people who have been watching the Amazon political thriller. Fans mostly agree on that the quality of the series has gone down massively, which is very disappointing seeing as how season 1 of ‘Jack Ryan’ is beloved by both fans and critics alike.
Amazon has decided to fire the entire writers’ room (excluding the showrunners), which includes the following writers:
- Vince Calandra (‘Last Man Standing,’ ‘Sharp Objects’)
- Nolan Dunbar (‘Arrow,’ Vixen’)
- David Graziano (‘American Gods,’ ‘What/If’)
- Annie Jacobsen
- Daria Polatin (‘Shut Eye,’ ‘Castle Rock’)
While Amazon has fired five writers, they have also decided on hiring eight new writers to work on the third season of their spy series. These are the new writers:
- Amy Berg (‘Da Vinci’s Demons,’ ‘Counterpart’)
- Julie Hébert (‘American Crime,’ ‘Mars’)
- Aditi Kapil (‘American Gods, ‘Away’)
- Jennifer Kennedy (‘Sneaky Pete,’ Berlin Station’)
- Kirk A. Moore (‘Runaways,’ Looking for Alaska’)
- David Scarpa (‘All the Money in the World, ‘The Man in the High Castle’)
- Paul Scheuring (‘Prison Break,’ ‘Zero Hour’)
- Sam Sheridan (‘SEAL Team,’ ‘I Am the Night’)
- Vaun Wilmott (‘Dominion,’ ‘Star: Trek Discovery’)
‘Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan’ aired its first season on August 31st and its second season on October 31st. The cast comprises of John Krasinski, Wendell Pierce, John Hoogenakker, Noomi Rapace, Jordi Mollà, Francisco Denis, Cristina Umaña, Jovan Adepo, and Michael Kelly. Carlton Cuse (‘Lost’) and Graham Roland (‘Fringe’) are the developers of the show.
The third season is expected to be released either fall 2020 or early 2021.