HBO has cast eight series regulars and two actors to recur opposite Ben Mendelsohn in ‘The Outsider,’ based on Stephen King’s bestselling novel.
Below is the list of new series regulars and their roles:
- Cynthia Erivo (‘Bad Times at the El Royale,’ ‘Chaos Walking’) will play Holly Gibney.
- Bill Camp (‘The Looming Tower,’ ‘Vice’) is Howie Gold.
- Mare Winningham (‘American Horror Story,’ ‘The Affair’) will portray Jeannie Anderson.
- Paddy Considine (‘Peaky Blinders,’ ‘The Death of Stalin’) is Claude Bolton.
- Julianne Nicholson (‘I, Tonya,’ ‘Law & Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders’) plays Mercy Maitland.
- Yul Vázquez (‘Narcos: Mexico,’ ‘I Am The Night’) portrays Yunis Sablo.
- Jeremy Bobb (‘The Knick,’ ‘Escape at Dannemora’) is Alec Pelley.
- Marc Menchaca (‘Ozark,’ ‘Raising Dion’) will play Jack Hoskins.
Lastly, the recurring actors and their roles:
- Hettienne Park (‘Hannibal,’ ‘High Maintenance’) portrays Tomika Collins.
- Michael Esper (‘Trust,’ ‘Ben Is Back’) is Bill Samuels.
Moreover, the project is from ‘The Night Of’ co-creator/executive producer Richard Price and director-producer Jack Bender (‘Mr. Mercedes’). Additionally, Jason Bateman will direct the first two episodes.
The premise is as follows:
“A seemingly straightforward investigation into the gruesome murder of a local boy leads a seasoned cop and an unorthodox investigator to question everything they believe to be real, as an insidious supernatural force edges its way into the case.”
However, HBO has not yet set a premiere date for the series.