Tonnes of new information regarding Zack Snyder’s upcoming Justice League movie hit the net today, thanks to set reports from various outlets.
With there being so much to digest out there, here’s all the best things you need to know about the film. So let’s begin….
The official Justice League logo along with the films synopsis.
Fuelled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.
Now for the juicy details from the set reports, beware if you don’t want to be spoiled I would suggest you don’t read ahead.
- The Justice League movie take place only a few months after Batman V Superman and will be a lighter tone and fun. Will appeal to youngster audiences too.
- The film will shoot for 111 days.
- Junie XL will be back to compose the films score, its unknown yet if Hans Zimmer will after his retirement but his themes will be heard during the movie.
- When the Justice League film was originally announced, it was billed as a two parter. However it seems like it will just be one movie.
- Steppenwolf (actor hasn’t been cast for the role yet) is the films main villain, leading the Parademons in search for the Mother Boxes. (One was seen during the creation of Cyborg in Batman V Superman).
- There are three Mother Boxes on Earth, they belong to mankind, the Amazonians and Atlantis. The film will explain how these boxes got to our planet.
- Willem Dafoe is playing Vulko, a mentor to Aquaman from a different generation.
- The film has yet to film a scene were all the Leaguers are together says Snyder.
- The film isn’t shooting in IMAX.
- The film will focus on Batman assembling the team which includes Wonder Woman, The Flash, Cyborg, Aquaman and at a later stage Superman.
- Batman will have two suits in the film, the first will be the same as the one from BvS but will have new armoured plates since Bruce is only human after all. The second will be seen toward the end of the movie. It has added carbon fiber, more protection, and a new cowl which adds more strength and protection. The costume also helps amplify Batman’s strength even when dealing with an old injury.
- Wonder Woman’s costume will be the same. Just minor touches here and there.
- Cyborg will be CGI from the neck down, he will also feature a gun arm.
- The Flash has a prototype suit he made himself, using stolen material from NASA and a 3D printer. Is very aerodynamic and has black stretchy wires which will show the electricity he generates circling around his body. Batman will create a more streamlined version of the suit for him to wear. He also has some cool Flash sneaks with the symbol on them.
- Alfred has a hand in helping Bruce create tech for the Justice League.
- Superman will return later on in the film, sporting longer hair.
- Deborah Snyder confirmed Amber Heard is still playing Mera, despite the rumours circulating. Mera will be a warrior and sorceress. Her costume will include chainmail which blends in with her skin.
- J.K Simmons looks exactly how you’d expect Commissioner Gordon to look. trenchcoat, moustache and grey hair.
- Bruce creates a jet for the Justice League as a means of transportation. It’s called the Flying Fox.
- Batman will have a new vehicle called the Nightcrawler, which was designed by his late father.
- The Batmobile will get an upgrade too, with machine guns and rocket launchers added to the top of the vehicle.
Justice League will hit screens November 17th, 2017