The high-concept action-thriller ‘Gunpowder Milkshake’ adds Angela Bassett to the cast. She will play Anna May, one of the unassuming leaders of a massive armory.
Bassett had a busy 2018, with performances in Ryan Coogler’s ‘Black Panther,’ Christopher McQuarrie’s ‘Mission: Impossible – Fallout,’ and Travis Knight’s ‘Bumblebee.’ On television, she has roles in two Ryan Murphy shows, with FX’s ‘American Horror Story’ and FOX’s ‘9-1-1.’ Next, she has the Netflix film ‘Otherhood,’ releasing August 2nd.
The film will have a rich mythology that revolves around a multi-generational ensemble cast.
HN Entertainment was also the first to report on Heady’s casting, when she was being eyed for the role back in late January. Moreover, it is unknown if the other eyed actress, Anya Taylor-Joy, will join the project. She will be starring in Edgar Wright’s ‘Last Night in Soho,’ which begins filming May 20th.
Below are some breakdowns for other roles in the film:
- Nathan: (Supporting Male, age 40-59)
- Dresses all in black and has a scarred face. Eva’s boss at “The Firm” and is now after Eva after she kills a bunch of Korean mobsters to rescue a young hostage named Emily, and fails to complete another mission.
- Emily: (Lead Female, age 7)
- Kidnapped by the Korean Mob because of a briefcase her father has stolen. Eva rescues her and the pair go on the run.
- Madeleine: (Supporting Female, age 50-59)
- A conservatively dressed woman in her 50’s that is an arms dealer posing as a librarian. Persuades two of her “librarians” Anna May and Florance to help Eva/Emily.
Academy award nominated actor Viggo Mortensen (‘The Lord of the Rings’ trilogy, ‘Green Book’) has been offered the role of Nathan. However, it’s unknown if he has accepted or rejected the offer.
Moreover, the premise is below:
“A young woman (Gillan) and her estranged mother (Headey), who are both assassins, must join forces on the run to take down a male-dominated crime syndicate they used to work for.”
Aharon Keshales & Navot Papushado (‘Big Bad Wolves’) will direct, while the duo wrote the screenplay with Ehud Lavski.
Further, filming will begin June 3rd and wrap August 8th, in Berlin, Germany.
There is currently no release date yet.