Kenneth Branagh’s ‘Death on the Nile’ Adds Rose Leslie, Emma Mackey, & More to the Star-Studded Ensemble
‘Death on the Nile,’ the upcoming follow-up to ‘Murder on the Orient Express,’ now has five new cast members onboard the stacked ensemble!
So, without further ado, here is the full cast, with the new actors in bold:
- Tom Bateman (‘Into the Dark,’ ‘Cold Pursuit’) returning as Bouc.
- Annette Bening (’20th Century Women,’ ‘Captain Marvel’) as Euphemia.
- Kenneth Branagh (‘Dunkirk,’ ‘All Is True’) returning as detective Hercule Poirot.
- Russell Brand (‘Despicable Me,’ ‘Ballers’) in an unknown role.
- Ali Fazal (‘Victoria & Abdul,’ ‘Furious 7’) in a concealed role.
- Dawn French (‘Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban,’ ‘Coraline’) in an unrevealed role.
- Gal Gadot (‘Wonder Woman,’ ‘Justice League’) as Linnet Ridgeway Doyle.
- Armie Hammer (‘Call Me by Your Name,’ ‘Sorry to Bother You’) as Simon Doyle.
- Rose Leslie (‘Game of Thrones,’ ‘The Good Fight’) in a role under wraps.
- Emma Mackey (‘Badger Lane,’ ‘Sex Education’) in an undisclosed role.
- Sophie Okonedo (Christopher Robin,’ ‘Hellboy’) in a hidden role.
- Jennifer Saunders (‘Shrek 2,’ ‘Isn’t It Romantic’) in an unnamed role.
- Letitia Wright (‘Black Panther,’ ‘Avengers: Endgame’) as Rosalie Otterbourne.
However, it looks like ‘Killing Eve’s Jodie Comer is no longer part of the cast.
Moreover, the premise of the Agatha Christie adaptation is below:
“On a luxurious cruise on the Nile River, comes the murder of wealthy heiress Linnet Ridgeway Doyle (Gadot). Fortunately, among the passengers are famed Belgian detective Hercule Poirot (Branagh) and his trusted companion, Colonel Race. They immediately begin their investigation. But just as Poirot identifies a motley collection of would-be murderers, several of the suspects also meet their demise, which only deepens the mystery of the killer’s identity.”
Meanwhile, Branagh returns as director, and the previous film’s writer Michael Green (‘Logan,’ ‘Blade Runner 2049’) came back to pen the screenplay.
Additionally, the returning crew members from the first film include cinematographer Haris Zambarloukos (‘Thor,’ ‘Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit’), composer Patrick Doyle (‘Thor,’ ‘Rise of the Planet of the Apes’), production designer Jim Clay (‘The Brothers Bloom,’ ‘RED 2’), special effects supervisor David Watkins (‘Cinderella,’ ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald’), supervising art director Dominic Masters (‘RED 2,’ ‘Woman in Gold’), and visual effects supervisor George Murphy (‘Maleficent,’ ‘Black Sails’). Newcomer costume designer Paco Delgado (‘Les Misérables,’ ‘Glass’) is also part of the crew.
Further, filming is currently underway in Longcross Studios in Surrey, England. Also, they will shoot on-location in Egypt. The wrap date is December 20th.
The film, now under Disney, will release October 9, 2020.