Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom borrows the best from the classic series to deliver a fresh, modern adventure with fun gameplay, memorable music and gorgeous hand drawn animations.
Enter the Monster World series as our hero, Jin faces off against challenging enemies, discovering hidden locations, upgrade powerful equipment, and more! Players will have the ability to unlock special forms with unique skills used to open new paths where mighty bosses and secret treasures await.
Today during Nintendo’s surprised Indie Highlights presentation, fans were able to catch the latest glimpse of the upcoming game:
- Six awesome forms with unique combat and platforming abilities to make your adventure exciting from start to finish.
- Unlock new paths and secrets with special equipment: look for magic weapons and items that gradually open up the world.
- Over 15 hours of epic adventure: explore the new Monster World in a vast interconnected environment.
- Hand Drawn animations: characters and enemies come to life with detailed animations and fun facial expressions.
- Soundtrack from iconic Japanese composers: Yuzo Koshiro, Motoi Sakuraba, Michiru Yamane, Keiki Kobayashi and Takeshi Yanagawa.
- Full HD graphics at 60 fps: the game supports 1080p/60fps in TV mode and 720p/60fps in Nintendo Switch handheld mode.
- HD rumble support: feel the action with high performance HD rumble support.
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom hits shelves November 6th, 2018.
You can check out the playable Nintendo Switch demo hands on at the Nintendo Booth in Hall 9.1.