RUMOR: Daniel Craig Turns Down $100M To Make Two More Bond Movies

May 19, 2016

Daniel Craig‘s return to the Bond franchise has been long said to be ending. During the press tour the British actor was quoted saying he’d rather “slash his wrists” than do another one, later we’d learn from close-friend and fellow actor Mark Strong he was seriously considering giving it up.

Just like other Bonds he’s able to leave whenever he wants to and we had thought this was a move to make more money, or get a new contract.

According to a report coming from The Daily Mail, money isn’t a motivation here, as Daniel Craig reportedly turned down a £68million offer to reprise the role for two more installments.

Insiders said Craig turned down a £68million offer from MGM studio to return as Bond for two more films following last year’s hit Spectre. The sum included endorsements, profit shares, and a role for him working as a co-producer.

One source said that executives had finally agreed to let the actor go after growing tired of his criticism of the franchise.

UPDATE: BBC is now seemingly refuting the Daily Mail’s report and claims that Daniel Craig hasn’t made his mind up about the Bond franchise either way.

Have you seen this:
Mads Mikkelsen to Replace Johnny Depp in "Fantastic Beasts 3"

Daniel Craig hasn’t yet decided on whether he wants to do another Bond movie. Reports in the past 24 hours have suggested that the actor, who’s starred in four 007 movies, has turned down a deal to make any more films in the series.

But separate, authoritative Bond sources have independently confirmed to BBC News that Craig hasn’t made any decision about his future as 007, and that “no decision is likely to be made for a while”.

Earlier this year MGM, which controls the rights to the 007 franchise, told investors that the series was operating on a three-to-four year cycle, which means that the next Bond film isn’t due in cinemas until late 2018 at the earliest.

Could this be the truth and we’ll see Craig do one more, or is this just another public relations smokescreen? As Bond producers, likely don’t want to look like they had their massive $100M contract thrown back in their faces. This could allow the next Bond actor to ask for money if the role isn’t as desirable as many believe it is. 

Have you seen this:
Sony and Disney Come To Terms to Bring the 'Spider-man' Films to Disney + and Hulu

 

 

Yes, this is a British tabloid I know they’re usually hit and miss. Keep this in mind, but also understand that the tabloids break these type of entertainment stories in the UK. A lot of the Bond casting reveals do originate from tabloid reports and not stateside trades.

Screen shot 2016-05-19 at 3.11.20 AM

They’re also under the impression that the Cambridge-educated Tom Hiddleston might be a strong contender for the role, making more sense after starring in the adaptation of John le Carre’s The Night Manager.

 

SOURCE: DAILY MAIL

Are you an Insider?News, reviews, & updates are just the beginning.

Don't miss out on your chance to win every month...

Just Missed!
Free GWW t-shirt!
Can't win' em all!
25% Off Insider Membership
So Close!
50% Off Insider Membership
Not today
50% Off GWW Shirt
Try again Tomorrow
25% Off GWW Shirt
Get your chance to win a prize!
Enter your email address and spin the wheel. This is your chance to win amazing discounts!
Our in-house rules:
  • One game per user
  • Cheaters will be disqualified.