‘The Devil All the Time’ Recasting: Sebastian Stan Taking Over Chris Evans’ Role
The adaptation of ‘The Devil All the Time’ will now include Sebastian Stan, of Marvel fame, in its stacked cast. However, he will be replacing Chris Evans, departing from the project due to scheduling issues.
Evans just recently signed onto Paramount’s sci-fi film ‘Infinite,’ from director Antoine Fuqua. Additionally, filming is about to begin for Apple’s new series ‘Defending Jacob,’ which he will both be starring in and producing.
But, Stan is no downgrade, as he has quite the resume behind him, and will no doubt prove an excellent addition. One of his more notable non-blockbuster movies was 2017’s ‘I, Tonya.’ Last year, he was in Nicole Kidman’s ‘Destroyer,’ as well as ‘Avengers: Infinity War.’ There, he reprised his role of Bucky Barnes, who has been in all three ‘Captain America’ movies. Perhaps this is just the beginning of Stan replacing Evans in movies.
Moreover, the remaining star-studded cast:
- Haley Bennett (‘The Magnificent Seven,’ ‘The Girl on the Train’)
- Jason Clarke (‘First Man,’ ‘Pet Sematary’)
- Mia Goth (‘A Cure for Wellness,’ ‘Suspiria’)
- Tom Holland (‘Avengers: Infinity War,’ ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’)
- Riley Keough (‘The House That Jack Built,’ ‘Under the Silver Lake’)
- Tracy Letts (‘The Post,’ ‘The Sinner’)
- Robert Pattinson (‘Good Time,’ ‘High Life’)
- Eliza Scanlen (‘Sharp Objects,’ ‘Little Women’)
- Bill Skarsgård (‘Castle Rock,’ ‘It: Chapter Two’)
- Mia Wasikowska (‘Crimson Peak,’ ‘Alice: Through the Looking Glass’)
The premise is as follows:
“A midwestern gothic involving a serial killer couple, a faith-testing preacher, and a corrupt local sheriff in a story told across two decades. The story takes place in Knockemstiff, Ohio, a forgotten backwoods where a storm of faith, violence and redemption brews. Based on Donald Ray Pollock’s novel.”
Along with directing, Antonio Campos (‘The Punisher,’ ‘The Sinner’) co-wrote the screenplay with Paulo Campos. Netflix acquired distribution of the film.
Further, production will start this month in Alabama. However, there is no release date yet.