Aaron Sorkin’s ‘The Trial of the Chicago 7′ Will Release October 2, 2020; William Hurt & Michael Keaton Join Cast
Paramount’s ‘The Trial of the Chicago 7′ now has three more cast members and a release date! The wide theatrical release is set for October 2, 2020, with a limited release on September 25, 2020.
The new actors (and the known roles) are below:
- William Hurt (‘Avengers: Endgame,’ ‘Goliath’) as John Mitchell, the attorney general at the time.
- Michael Keaton (‘Spider-Man: Homecoming,’ ‘Dumbo’) as Ramsey Clark, who was the judge that oversaw the trial.
- J.C. MacKenzie (‘The Departed,’ ‘The Wolf of Wall Street’) in an unknown role.
Moreover, the rest of the cast and their roles:
- Yahya Abdul-Mateen II (‘Aquaman,’ Watchmen’) as Bobby Seale.
- Sacha Baron Cohen (‘Alice Through the Looking Glass,’ ‘Who is America?’) as Abbie Hoffman.
- Frank Langella (‘The Americans,’ ‘Kidding’) as Julius Hoffman.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (‘Snowden,’ ‘Comrade Detective’) as Richard Schultz
- Kelvin Harrison Jr. (‘It Comes at Night,’ ‘Godfather of Harlem’) in an undisclosed role.
- Eddie Redmayne (‘The Danish Girl,’ ‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald’) as Tom Hayden.
- Mark Rylance (‘Bridge of Spies,’ ‘Dunkirk’) as William Kunstler.
- Alex Sharp (‘How to Talk to Girls at Parties,’ ‘The Hustle’) as Rennie Davis.
- Jeremy Strong (‘Molly’s Game,’ ‘Succession’) as Jerry Rubin.
Meanwhile, Aaron Sorkin not only wrote the screenplay, but he will also direct the movie. He is most famous for writing NBC’s ‘The West Wing,’ David Fincher’s ‘The Social Network,’ and Danny Boyle’s ‘Steve Jobs.’
Sorkin’s previous statement about this passion project:
“I’m thrilled to be making a movie about one of one of the craziest, funniest, most intense, most tragic and most triumphant trials in American history. C-7 may take place in the late ’60’s, but there’s no better time to tell this story than today.”
Further, filming is currently underway, with shooting locations including Chicago, New Jersey, and Toronto, Canada. We at the GWW can also confirm the wrap date, as of now, is December 13th.
In its wide release, the film will be up against Universal’s ‘Bios’ and Sony’s ‘Venom 2.’