Amazon’s ‘The Wheel of Time’ Series Adds Five Series Regulars to Cast
Amazon’s television series ‘The Wheel of Time’ now has five new cast members onboard! So, let’s check them out!
The new cast members and their roles are below:
- Barney Harris (‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk,’ ‘Clique’) as Mat Cauthon
- Madeleine Madden (‘Picnic at Hanging Rock,’ ‘Dora and the Lost City of Gold’) as Egwene Al’Vere
- Zoë Robins (‘The Shannara Chronicles,’ ‘Power Rangers Ninja Steel’) as Nynaeve
- Marcus Rutherford (‘Shakespeare & Hathaway: Private Investigators,’ ‘Obey’) as Perrin Aybara
- Josha Stradowski (‘Spangas,’ ‘Instinct’) as Rand al’Thor
They join Rosamund Pike (‘Gone Girl,’ ‘Watership Down’), who plays the lead role of Moiraine.
Moreover, the premise of Robert Jordan’s fantasy epic novels is below:
“It’s a sprawling world where magic exists, but only women can use it. Moiraine (Pike) is a member of the shadowy and influential all-female organization the Aes Sedai. She then embarks on a dangerous journey with five young men and women. Moiraine’s interest in these five lies in the fact that she believes one of them might be the reincarnation of an incredibly powerful individual who prophecies say will either save humanity or destroy it. The series draws on numerous elements of European and Asian culture and philosophy, most notably the cyclical nature of time found in Buddhism and Hinduism.”
Rafe Judkins (‘Chuck,’ ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’) serves as both executive producer and showrunner. He also wrote the pilot for the series.
Meanwhile, Uta Briesewitz (‘Westworld,’ ‘Stranger Things’) will direct the first two episodes of the show.
We at GWW first reported that Amazon is eyeing a September 9th production start in Prague, Czech Republic.
There is no episode count or premiere date for the series yet.