As filming begins on Lionsgate’s next film in the ‘Saw’ franchise, we now have our first four cast members! So, let’s check them out!
The cast and their roles are below:
- Chris Rock (‘Top Five,’ ‘Nobody’s Fool’)
- A police detective investigating a series of grisly crimes
- Samuel L. Jackson (‘Pulp Fiction,’ ‘Spider-Man: Far from Home’)
- The father of Rock’s character
- Max Minghella (‘The Social Network,’ ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’)
- William Schenk, Rock’s partner
- Marisol Nichols (’24,’ ‘Riverdale’)
- Captain Angie Garza, Rock’s boss
Additionally, Lionsgate motion picture group chairman Joe Drake gave a statement:
“We think Samuel L. Jackson and Chris Rock along with Max Minghella and Marisol Nichols make this film completely special in the SAW canon and we can’t wait to unleash this unexpected and sinister new story on fans of this franchise. This is next level of SAW on full tilt.”
Moreover, a three-time ‘Saw’ alum is returning to direct: Darren Lynn Bousman (‘Saw II,’ Saw III,’ ‘Saw IV’). The screenplay is from Pete Goldfinger & Josh Stolberg, the duo behind the previous film ‘Jigsaw.’ Also, actor-producer-writer-director Rock has also provided the story for this new installment, a reimagining and a spin-off.
Further, filming will wrap August 23rd in Toronto, Canada.
The untitled ‘Saw’ film will release October 23, 2020.
Source: Bloody Disgusting