George Miller Will Direct More ‘Mad Max’ Movies; Confirms Major Misquote By Page Six

Jan 14, 2016

SHARE THIS POST

A few days ago there was a quote from director George Miller reportedly from gossip tabloid Page Six that he was not going to direct anymore Mad Max films. This on the heels of the Fury Road‘s ten Oscar nominations, including ones for Best Picture and Best Director, Miller’s first directing nomination in his lengthy career. The whole thing seemed fishy due to the source landing this exclusive, and the fact Miller has been quite vocal about making two more films ready to go, but needing a bit of a break.

Miller set the record straight with The Wrap, stating he was heavily misquoted in the Page Six interview and will indeed direct more sequels. The journalist taking his mentioning of not doing Max next as a clear confirmation he was done with the franchise, terrible reporting if you ask me.

“That was a completely garbled interview. I was in New York and it was so noisy and the journalist was asking me questions on a red carpet at the National Board of Review,” he said. “She completely got the wrong fragments of information that were just not true. I said no, [another ‘Mad Max’ movie] will not be next, and she took that to mean I never wanted to make another ‘Mad Max.’ It won’t necessarily be next, but I have two more stories.”

He previously stated a desire to helm a smaller feature similar to indie hit Tangerine, before tackling another giant production like Fury Road. During the massive production hiatus for the film Miller was able to grind-out two more scripts and a bunch of backstory information for the characters.

Have you seen this:
Live-action Pokémon series in development from Netflix

A lesson might be learned here not trust Page Six’s “reporting”.

SOURCE: THE WRAP

Did you miss breaking news?We publish new content every day.

Get our daily summary and monthly recap so you never miss out...