Matt Reeves’ ‘The Batman’ Adds Gil Perez-Abraham to Star-Studded Ensemble
The long-gestating ‘The Batman’ solo film has another cast member onboard the star-studded ensemble: Gil Perez-Abraham. While his character is unknown, our sources have told us that it is a supporting role, of a young, steadfast, and diligent worker with humor.
Perez-Abraham, ironically enough, played two different roles named Manuel in Netflix’s ‘Orange Is the New Black’ and FX’s ‘Pose.’ He was also in two episodes of CBS’ ‘Madam Secretary’ and NBC’s ‘Law & Order: Special Victims Unit.’ Next, he will appear in Charlie Scharfman’s ‘The Hard Night’ and Kevin Tran’s ‘The Dark End of the Street.’
Here are the rest of the cast and their roles:
- Robert Pattinson (‘Good Time,’ ‘The Lighthouse’) as Bruce Wayne, aka Batman.
- Paul Dano (’12 Years a Slave,’ ‘Prisoners’) as Edward Nashton, aka The Riddler.
- Colin Farrell (‘The Lobster,’ ‘Widows’) as Oswald Cobblepot, aka The Penguin.
- Zoë Kravitz (‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald,’ ‘Big Little Lies’) as Selina Kyle, aka Catwoman.
- Newcomer Jayme Lawson as mayoral candidate Bella Reál, a grassroots political candidate running for office in Gotham.
- Peter Sarsgaard (‘The Magnificent Seven,’ ‘The Looming Tower’) as Gotham D.A. Gil Colson.
- Andy Serkis (‘The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King,’ ‘Black Panther’) as Alfred Pennyworth.
- John Turturro (‘The Big Lebowski,’ ‘The Night Of’) as Carmine Falcone.
- Jeffrey Wright (‘Westworld,’ ‘The Laundromat’) as Commissioner Gordon.
Earlier IMDb updates have shown that ‘Chernobyl’ actors Con O’Neill and Alex Ferns will portray Chief Mackenzie Bock and Commissioner Pete Savage, respectively.
Moreover, Matt Reeves, the helmer of the ‘Dawn’ and ‘War’ installments in ‘Planet of the Apes’ franchise, serves as both director and co-writer, with scribe Mattson Tomlin penning the screenplay with him. Tomlin wrote the upcoming Netflix film ‘Power,’ from directors Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman.
Additionally, the film will feature a rogues gallery of villains. Characters that will be featured alongside The Riddler, Catwoman, The Penguin, and Carmine Falcone, include Two-Face, Firefly, and Mad Hatter.
The crew is below:
- Cinematographer Greig Fraser (‘Vice,’ ‘The Mandalorian’)
- Composer Michael Giacchino (‘Spider-Man: Far From Home,’ ‘Jojo Rabbit’)
- Costume designer Jacqueline Durran (‘Darkest Hour,’ ‘Little Women’)
- Editors William Hoy (‘300,’ ‘Watchmen’) and Tyler Nelson (‘Mindhunter,’ ‘Love, Death & Robots’)
- Production designer James Chinlund (‘War for the Planet of the Apes,’ ‘The Lion King’)
- Special effects supervisor Dominic Tuohy (‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker,’ ‘1917’)
- Visual effects supervisor Dan Lemmon (‘Dawn of the Planet of the Apes,’ ‘The Jungle Book’)
Also, costume designers David Crossman and Glyn Dillon (‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,’ ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’) tackled the batsuit.
Further, filming is currently underway in London, England.
Warners Bros. and DC will release ‘The Batman’ on June 25, 2021.
Source: The Hollywood Reporter