Update (January 27):
Today, EA provided specific details about the January Battlefront update for PlayStation 4, PC, and Xbox One. As suspected, the DL-44 will be a bit less powerful with the fire rate changing from 250 to 180. Additionally, the replenish time and damage for the bowcaster, another powerful weapon, has been tweaked. Gamers will be happy to see some more game modes added and some bug fixes (no more getting stuck on pesky rocks).
Read more about the many content, weapon and star card, vehicle, game mode, and hero changes on the EA forum.
Original (January 26):
Today, EA announced more details about Star Wars: Battlefront Season Pass and the free updates in the coming months. The first of four downloadable content (DLC) expansion packs for Star Wars: Battlefront, named Outer Rim, will allow gamers to battle among the factories in Sullust as well as within Jabba’s Palace on Tatooine. The pack is available in March. The next pack, Bespin, scheduled for release in the summer allows gamers to fight in Cloud City. This year’s fall release, Death Star, will take place on the Death Star.
Additionally, a free January update, debuting tomorrow, will bring more modes and costumes for Luke Skywalker and Han Solo based on the outfits they wore on Hoth in The Empire Strikes Back. Additionally, starting tomorrow:
- Players can now play Blast, Droid Run, Drop Zone, Hero Hunt and Heroes vs. Villains on the Tatooine Survival map.
- Gamers will have the ability to create private matches to make playing with friends easier.
- The game will introduce Daily Challenges and Community Events. These updates will allow gamers to rally around goals and objectives to earn credits and unlocks faster.
- There will be balancing tweaks for weapons and multiplayer modes.
EA also announced the following free updates . . .
- A brand-new Hoth multiplayer map that supports Walker Assault, Supremacy, Fight Squadron and Turning Point
- A new Survival mission on Hoth
- Turning Point available on all maps that currently support Walker Assault and Supremacy
- A new Endor multiplayer map that supports Walker Assault, Supremacy and Turning Point
- A Tatooine Survival map
As someone who’s been incredibly addicted to Battlefront, I’m super excited for the new DLC. I can’t wait to play on the new maps, especially Jabba’s Palace and the Death Star. I’m also wondering whether the “balancing tweaks” will have anything to do with the incredibly powerful DL-44.
What do you all think of these announcements?