While Star Wars fans patiently await the opening of Star Wars VII: The Force awakens, and the newly announced Star Wars Land at Disneyland. The Disneyland Resort has created “Seasons Of The Force.” A way for Star Wars fans to nerd out while visiting this well known Anaheim Theme Park. “Seasons of the Force” has transformed Tomorrowland into a fully immersive Star wars experience. Transforming older attractions into new Star Wars themed ones.
Star Tours, the original 3D Star Wars Attraction was re-launched in 2011, adding a randomized multi-path story. Recently Disney added yet another planet for us to visit and characters to meet from the Force Awakens. After boarding your Starspeeder 1000, you can now fly over the Jakku desert, crash land in a star destroyer and get help from new characters Fynn and BB-8. I had an incredibly fun time, experiencing the new scenes and it was just enough of a look into the new Universe without giving away any spoilers. For a limited time you are guaranteed to see the new additions in every ride, before they join the previous randomized muti-path story. Then, you never know what planet you will go to.
Need a reminder of what all this Star Wars stuff is and where it came from? Head over to the Tomorrowland theater where Star Wars: Path Of The Jedi is playing every 15 minutes. Here you will sit and watch a short cinematic review of Luke Skywalker’s path to becoming a Jedi, continuing with the new trailers from Force Awakens cut together giving you a mini Welcome to the World of Star Wars.
Moving over to another great attraction in Tomorrrowland is Space Mountain, now, “Hyperspace Mountain”. Here you board your space ship and are thrust into the middle of an epic battle. The launching sequence has been updated to engulf your senses as, a new soundtrack inspired by the films surrounds you as you twist and turn through the darkness of space getting a peak at the new Rebel X-wings and Imperial TIE fighters as they fight just out of reach. This make over turned an old favorite into one attraction I want to ride over and over, just to catch every new video and explosion. I cannot get enough of it!
A great place for Kids to train in the Force is in the new Jedi Training, Interactive Show, Trials Of The Temple. Join Experienced Jedi Vanzel and his over excited Jedi apprentice Nedriss, as they lead a group of pre-chosen children to the site of a secret Jedi Temple, cleverly disguised in the middle of the Tomorrowland Terrace. Here they discover if they have the makings of a true Jedi. (The Trial of the Temple is referenced in Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. When Luke is training with Yoda on Dagobah. But the Trial of the Temple is also in the newly released Star Wars Rebels TV show on Disney XD.)
Our chosen group has to face their fears when the Dark side emerges from the Temple. If you are between the ages of 4 and 12 and are chosen for the show be prepared to release your fears as you face off with Darth Vader, Darth Maul or the newly added Seventh Sister. The Jedi Training: Trials Of The Temple has to easily be my new favorite part of Tomorrowland and Seasons of the Force.
Need some time to unwind and possibly meet your favorite Star Wars Characters? Head over to the Star Wars Launch Bay. As you walk inside the Launch bay you are greeted by the Iconic phrase from all the movies “A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away…” Inside, any Star Wars fan or newbie can be kept entertained for hours.
- At the Launch Bay theater watch a short video with exclusive interviews from the creators of the Star Wars saga including writers, directors, producers and other crew members bringing this exciting brand to life.
- Chose to turn to the Dark side to meet and interact with Darth Vader the most powerful Sith lord in all the Galaxy. But be careful, he might just send you detailed instructions for your training on the dark side. I was so nervous and excited to meet Lord Vader, I am not exactly sure what I said while I was there. While waiting to meet Darth Vader you can get a good look at the light sabers of the dark side. There are quite a few on display.
- If the Dark side is not quite your thing, and you prefer to train on the light side of the force, stop by the makeshift rebel base where you can meet the most well known co-pilot in the Galaxy Chewbacca. Meeting Chewbacca was definitely a highlight of my day. While waiting to enter the rebel base, you can see the light sabers from Jedi like Luck Skywalker or Mace Windu. You can also check out the helmets of different rebel favorites.
- The Cantina is taken straight from the Star Wars films creating great photo ops for those inspired by the hive of scum and villainy. I happened to see Boba fett walking by when I was there.
- You can play Star Wars video games in Game center including an exclusive version of Disney Infinity 3. Created just for this venue.
- Take time to explore the large-scale replica film props, costumes, models and droids put on display for everyone to enjoy.
- And finally stop and check out the amazing merchandise on sale, from collector items and signed memorabilia, to t-shirts showing your alliance!
Seasons of the Force is a must do for anyone going to Disneyland this season! If you do not feel the force calling you to see Force awakens before visiting the experience you will soon after!
May The Force Be with you!