ZappCon is bringing geeks of all types together for a weekend of entertainment and education. Fresno born and organized by Valley locals, the convention is slated for Oct. 18 & 19 at Valdez Hall, a location chosen to support downtown.
Comics, gaming, movies and pop culture all share the spotlight during the weekend’s events.
As Simon Pegg said, “Being a geek means never having to play it cool about how much you like something.”
With an emphasis on creating a family friendly and inclusive environment, the weekend’s entertainment includes, but is not limited to:
- Super Hero Training in the Kids Zone
- Board game tournaments
- Creating Comics with Eben Burgoon
- A Cosplay Competition
- Geeky Karaoke and Game Show
- Panels ranging from creating cosplay outfits and weapons to geeky crochet
- Magic, YuGiOh and Cardfight Vanguard tournaments
- Historical Miniature game play
- Dungeons & Dragons, Pathfinder and more including LARP (Live Action Role Play)
In addition, dozens of artists are presenting their work (including many locals).
More than 30 vendors will also be available.
Guest stars include artists, professors, game designers and movie makers. Confirmed guests include:
- Kienan Lafferty, League of Legends artist
- Khoi Pham, Marvel artist
- Yanick Paquette, DC artist
- Paige Warren, Busty Girl Comics
- Kate Bradley, sketch card art for Marvel, Dark Horse, Adventure Time
- Tom Jolly, board game designer
- Kerrigan Mahan and Blake Foster, actors from Power Rangers
- Alison Mandaville, Fresno State professor and Charles Hatfield, Northridge Professor
- M Dot Strange, avant garde filmmaker
- Geeks With Wives, Casey Walsh and Will Elizondo bring their unique brand of geekery
Ticket sales are going on now. More information can be found at www.zappcon.com.
A finalized schedule is anticipated to be posted to the website October 9, 2014.
For media information or interviews, please contact email@example.com.