Amazon’s pilot of the series adaptation ‘The Dark Tower’ now has five cast members onboard. So, let’s check them out!
The cast so far is below, with the new ones in bold:
- Jerome Flynn (‘Game of Thrones,’ ‘John Wick: Chapter 3 - Parabellum’)
- Ivan Kaye (‘Dark Shadows,’ ‘The Borgias’)
- Jasper Pääkkönen (‘Vikings,’ ‘BlacKkKlansman’)
- Ana Padrão (‘Três Mulhere,’ ‘Vidas Opostas’)
- Abraham Popoola (‘Electric Dreams,’ ‘Les Misérables’)
- Joana Ribeiro (‘The Man Who Killed Don Quixote,’ ‘The Black Book’)
- Michael Rooker (‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 ,’ ‘True Detective’)
- Sam Strike (‘Timeless,’ ‘Mindhunter’)
The logline is below:
“The story of how Roland (Strike) became a gunslinger and his first encounter with the villainous Man in Black (Pääkkönen ).”
The Stephen King series was originally going to tie in to the 2017 film, starring Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey. But, the plan now is for the show to be a more faithful adaptation of the book series.
Glen Mazzara (‘The Walking Dead,’ ‘Damien’) serves as executive producer and showrunner.
Thanks to That Hashtag Show, we know Deschain’s “ka-tet” will comprise of Cuthbert Allgood, Alain Johns, Ileen Ritter and Jamie De Curry in addition to his girlfriend, Susan Delgado. The studio is currently looking at actors and actresses, ages 16-18 for all these roles.
THS also gave some other details on the plot:
“Marten Broadcloak aka The Man in Black (Pääkkönen) will serve as the series antagonist and his affair with Gabrielle, the mother of Roland Deschain (Strike), will factor heavily into the plot. Her affair incites Roland to pick up his guns in a search for Broadcloak and sets his father, Steven, on a mission to find him.”
Filming is currently underway in Croatia, with a wrap in late June.
The season will comprise of 13 episodes, if all goes well, but no premiere date has been set.