Amazon’s television series ‘The Wheel of Time’ now has Daniel Henney onboard. He will play al’Lan Mandragoran, commonly known as Lan or Lord of the Seven Towers, the uncrowned king and only survivor of the royal line of the fallen kingdom of Malkier.
Henney is currently in the CBS series ‘Criminal Minds,’ which was renewed for a fifteenth and final season. Prior to joining the flagship series, he was in the spin-off ‘Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders.’ Other credits include CBS’ ‘Hawaii Five-0,’ Disney Animation’s ‘Big Hero 6,’ and its Disney Channel television series ‘Big Hero 6: The Series.’
The rest of the cast members and their roles are below:
- Barney Harris (‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk,’ ‘Clique’) as Mat Cauthon
- Madeleine Madden (‘Picnic at Hanging Rock,’ ‘Dora and the Lost City of Gold’) as Egwene Al’Vere
- Rosamund Pike (‘Gone Girl,’ ‘Watership Down’) as Moiraine
- Zoë Robins (‘The Shannara Chronicles,’ ‘Power Rangers Ninja Steel’) as Nynaeve
- Marcus Rutherford (‘Shakespeare & Hathaway: Private Investigators,’ ‘Obey’) as Perrin Aybara
- Josha Stradowski (‘Spangas,’ ‘Instinct’) as Rand al’Thor
Moreover, the premise of Robert Jordan’s fantasy epic novels is below:
“It’s a sprawling world where magic exists, but only women can use it. Moiraine (Pike) is a member of the shadowy and influential all-female organization the Aes Sedai. She then embarks on a dangerous journey with five young men and women. Moiraine’s interest in these five lies in the fact that she believes one of them might be the reincarnation of an incredibly powerful individual who prophecies say will either save humanity or destroy it. The series draws on numerous elements of European and Asian culture and philosophy, most notably the cyclical nature of time found in Buddhism and Hinduism.”
Rafe Judkins (‘Chuck,’ ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’) serves as both executive producer and showrunner. He also wrote the pilot for the series.
Meanwhile, Uta Briesewitz (‘Westworld,’ ‘Stranger Things’) will direct the first two episodes of the show.
We at GWW first reported that Amazon is eyeing a September 9th production start in Prague, Czech Republic.
There is no episode count or premiere date for the series yet.