One week after DICE released Update #2, DICE announces the next game update for Battlefield 2042. Update #3 goes live Thursday, December 2nd. While the GWW review of Battlefield 2042 ran into some bugs, our reviewer scored it 7.5.
Patch 0.3.0 includes over 330 updates, bug fixes, and Quality of Life additions. Some of the highlights include:
- The Recent Players screen now include everyone from previous matches to allow for easier user reporting
- Improvements to address an issue where players killed in vehicles would fall beneath level geometry
- Improvements to streaming assets in deploy screen presentation
- Player no longer gets stuck in a zipline/rope after exiting a vehicle after entering it too close to a zipline or rope
- Exiting an open seat early in the enter animation no longer causes your aim pitch to lock up
- Correct field of view is applied immediately following insertion sequences
- Improved the Collection screens, making them easier to use and clear as to what you’re interacting with
- Improved the ways in which you’re able to manage your attachments via the Collection screen to reduce the number of interactions you need to have when building your loadouts
- Enhancements to our Player Card screen and End of Round (EOR) to provide additional polish
- Added new markers to make your newly unlocked items easier to find
- Improved Report a Player flows, specifically around toxicity and cheating reports
Matchmaking & Friends
- Improved the experience between EOR and the Main Menu
- Improved Matchmaking reliability and reduced instances of Matchmaking failed
- Improved Crossplay invite flows
- Addressed servers getting stuck in unresponsive game states, where rounds fail to properly start
- Fixes to Friend Invitations for players on PC
Progression and Unlocks
- Introduction of weekly missions, providing set challenges that reward cosmetic unlocks
- Added 1st match bonus of 1000 Dark Market Credits for Hazard Zone
- Improved overall XP/Rank tracking and reliability
- Addressed a variety of visual flickering and stuttering issues
- Leaving ADS is now smoother than before on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles
- Addressed multiple graphical issues affecting water reflections
- Addressed an issue with character rendering for players joining a match in progress
- Over 150 individual fixes, small changes, and improvements across all of our Maps
The full patch notes are provided on Battlefield 2042’s website.
In the week following Update #3, Weekly Missions will make their way onto the Battlefield. There will be a total of 3 varying missions each week which you can track via the main menu. Completing a mission will reward you with player XP. Finish all of the available missions that week, and you’ll receive a unique cosmetic reward!
In Battlefield Portal we’re adding new game mode layouts for Rush on all All-Out Warfare maps. We’re also adding several new templates to the Builder, and a new custom mode called Vehicle Team Deathmatch, which allows you to utilize combat vehicles in custom experiences. It will also support logic created in the Rules Editor, allowing players to spawn at team HQ and adding more options when creating custom games.
Lastly, we’re adding a new logic option to the Rules Editor that checks the source of fatal damage to a player; e.g. maybe from a melee weapon or rifle. This opens up a ton of new possibilities, and we’re looking forward to seeing what cool modes you’ll build with this!