‘Birds of Prey’ Adds Charlene Amoia to Cast
Charlene Amoia is the newest addition to the ensemble of DC’s R-rated film ‘Birds of Prey.’
Amoia will play Maria Bertinelli, the mother of Helena Bertinelli aka Huntress. She is also the wife of mafia syndicate gangster Franco Bertinelli.
Her role will most likely be a supporting role, similar to that of Ali Wong, who plays Renee Montoya’s associate in Gotham law enforcement.
Amoia is known for her role in the CBS sitcom ‘How I Met Your Mother.’ She was recently in CW’s ‘The Flash’ as well as FOX’s ‘9-1-1.’
Moreover, the remaining cast and their characters:
- Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Huntress
- Jurnee Smollett-Bell as Black Canary
- Rosie Perez as Renee Montoya
- Ella Jay Basco as Cassandra Cain
- Chris Messina as Victor Zsasz
- Ewan McGregor as Black Mask
Also, this may be the first installment of a trilogy of films. What could be next is ‘Gotham City Sirens.’ Then, a crossover film: ‘Birds of Prey v. Gotham City Sirens.’
Warner Bros. will release ‘Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) ’ on February 7, 2020.