The long-gestating solo movie ‘Black Adam’ is finally gaining traction, with That Hashtag Show‘s recent report. Three characters are in the newest iteration of the script: Hawkman, Stargirl and Atom Smasher.
Screenwriter Adam Sztykiel (‘Due Date,’ ‘Rampage’) is taking some cues from Geoff Johns’ early 2000’s work, which is quite tantalizing.
Also, Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson is still set to star as the titular character. His ever busy schedule has been a part of the wait time on the film, but now things are finally coming together. This year, he has the spin-off ‘Fast & Furious: Hobbs & Shaw,’ releasing August 2, as well as the ‘Jumanji’ sequel, releasing December 13.
Now, onto the characters:
- Hawkman, aka Carter Hull:
- Male, age 30-39, emphasis on landing someone the audience can believe could go toe-to-toe with The Rock.
- Stargirl, aka Courtney Whitmore:
- Female, age 20-29, member of the Justice Society of America
- Atom Smasher, aka Albert Rothstein:
- Male, age 20-29, member of the Justice Society of America
Further, Stargirl and Atom Smasher have often been depicted to be in a relationship in the comics.
While plot details are under wraps and the search for a director is still afoot, we now know filming will commence March 2020.
Warner Bros. has not set a release date for ‘Black Adam’ as of now, but the film could release sometime in 2021.
Source: That Hashtag Show