Charlize Theron’s ‘The Old Guard’ Adds Chiwetel Ejiofor, Harry Melling & Veronica Ngo to Cast
According to Baz Bamigboye, Netflix’s ‘The Old Guard’ now has three new cast members! So, let’s check them out!
Below is the cast, so far, with the new ones in bold:
- Chiwetel Ejiofor (’12 Years a Slave,’ ‘Doctor Strange’)
- Marwan Kenzari (‘‘Murder on the Orient Express,’ ‘Aladdin’)
- KiKi Layne (‘If Beale Street Could Talk,’ ‘Captive State’)
- Luca Marinelli (‘The Great Beauty,’ ‘Trust’)
- Harry Melling (‘The Lost City of Z,’ ‘The Ballad of Buster Scruggs’)
- Veronica Ngo (‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi,’ ‘Bright’)
- Matthias Schoenaerts (‘The Danish Girl,’ ‘Red Sparrow’)
- Charlize Theron (‘Mad Max: Fury Road,’ ‘Long Shot’)
Gina Prince-Bythewood (‘Beyond the Lights,’ ‘Cloak & Dagger’) serves as director. The film is based on the comic books by Greg Rucka, who also wrote the screenplay with Prince-Bythewood.
The premise of the female action ensemble is below:
“The story of a small group of soldiers, led by a woman named Andy (Theron), who are inexplicably immortal and have been working as mercenaries through the ages. The novelty of not dying long gone, the group gets a jolt in their bones when they discover the existence of a new immortal (Layne) at the same time as a nefarious organization captures their undying actions on camera.”
Further, production designer Paul Kirby (‘Captain Phillips,’ ‘Kingsman: The Secret Service’), second unit director Jeff Habberstad (‘Ant-Man and the Wasp,’ ‘Captain Marvel’), and costume designer Mary E. Vogt (‘Kong: Skull Island,’ ‘Crazy Rich Asians’) are onboard.
Filming is currently underway, with a wrap this August, in Shepperton Studios in Surrey, England. Other locations may include Paris and Morocco.
However, Netflix has yet to give the film a release date.
Source: Baz Bamigboye