The eight-episode Apple limited series ‘Defending Jacob’ now includes four new series regulars!
Here are the new cast members and their roles:
- Cherry Jones (‘American Crime,’ ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’)
- Joanna Klein, a top defense lawyer in the area.
- Pablo Schreiber (‘First Man,’ ‘American Gods’)
- Neal Logiudice, another Assistant District Attorney and colleague of Andy Barber.
- Betty Gabriel (‘Westworld,’ ‘Counterpart’)
- Paula Duffy, a detective who works alongside Andy Barber.
- Sakina Jaffrey (‘House of Cards,’ ‘Timeless’)
- County District Attorney Lynn Canavan.
The four join the already cast Chris Evans (‘Avengers: Infinity War’), Michelle Dockery (‘Godless’), and Jaeden Martell (‘It’).
Moreover, the premise of the miniseries is below:
“Andy Barber (Evans), an assistant district attorney, investigates the slaying of a 14-year-old boy and discovers his teenage son Jacob (Martell) is a suspect. The series is an adaptation of William Landay’s bestselling 2012 novel.”
Dockery plays Laurie Barber, Andy’s wife and Jacob’s mother.
Additionally, Mark Bomback serves as creator, executive producer, writer, and showrunner. He was a writer on the ‘Dawn’ and ‘War’ installments of the ‘Planet of the Apes’ trilogy. He was also part of ‘The Wolverine and last year’s ‘The Outlaw King.’ Next up is 20th Century Fox’s ‘The Art of Racing in the Rain,’ releasing September 27th.
While Bomback wrote the pilot, Morten Tyldum is onboard to direct and executive produce the series. Tyldum got an Academy Award nomination for ‘The Imitation Game.’ Other films include the Jo Nesbø adaptation ‘Headhunters’ and Sony’s ‘Passengers.’ He was also the director of the pilots of Starz’s ‘Counterpart’ and Amazon’s ‘Jack Ryan.’
Further, the series is currently filming in Boston, Massachusetts, confirming our production start scoop.
Apple’s streaming service Apple TV+ will launch this fall. However, the series has yet to receive a premiere date.