Paramount and Skydance’s upcoming film, under the working title of ‘Ghost Draft,’ now has Keith Powers onboard the cast. He will play a military commander.
Powers was recently in the Netflix limited series ‘What/If’ and Freeform’s ‘Famous in Love.’ As for film, he had roles in Ry Russo-Young’s ‘Before I Fall’ and F. Gary Gray’s ‘Straight Outta Compton.’ Other credits include Yahoo’s ‘Sin City Saints,’ AMC’s ‘Fear the Walking Dead,’ and MTV’s ‘Faking It.’
Moreover, the rest of the cast and their roles:
- Chris Pratt (‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom,’ ‘Avengers: Endgame’)
- A man drafted to fight in a future war where the fate of humanity relies on his ability to confront his past.
- Yvonne Strahovski (‘The Handmaid’s Tale,’ ‘The Predator’)
- A woman that Pratt’s character meets in the future, who has a connection to his past.
- Ryan Kiera Armstrong (‘The Art of Racing in the Rain,’ ‘It: Chapter Two’)
- Possibly the daughter of Pratt’s character.
- Betty Gilpin (‘Stuber,’ ‘GLOW’)
- Unknown role.
- Jasmine Mathews (‘Heathers,’ ‘Sweetbitter’)
- Unnamed role.
- Sam Richardson (‘Veep,’ ‘Good Boys’)
- Undisclosed role.
- J.K. Simmons (‘Veronica Mars,’ ‘Spider-Man: Far from Home’)
- The father of Pratt’s character.
- Theo Von (Inside Amy Schumer,’ ‘Typical Rick’)
- Unrevealed role.
Additionally, the premise of the sci-fi thriller is below:
“Set in a future where humanity is losing a war against aliens. To turn the tide, scientists draft soldiers from the past to fight the war.”
Meanwhile, Chris McKay (‘Robot Chicken,’ ‘The Lego Batman Movie’) serves as director. The screenplay is from Zach Dean (‘Deadfall,’ ’24 Hours to Live’) and Bill Dubuque (‘The Accountant,’ ‘Ozark’).
Further, the crew, so far, comprises of:
- Cinematographer Larry Fong (‘Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,’ ‘Kong: Skull Island’)
- Costume designer Betsy Heimann (‘Pulp Fiction,’ ‘Green Book’)
- Production designer Peter Wenham (‘Captain America: The Winter Soldier,’ ‘Mission: Impossible – Fallout’)
- Second unit director/Stunt coordinator Thomas Robinson Harper (‘Pacific Rim: Uprising,’ ‘Godzilla: King of the Monsters’)
Lastly, filming is targeting a start date of September 10th, and a wrap date of January 16th. Back in April, we at the GWW reported that shooting locations for the film would include Atlanta, Georgia and Iceland. We can also confirm the Dominican Republic is another location.
However, Paramount has yet to give the film a release date.
Source: The Hollywood Reporter