It’s time for a little good news and bad news. First, the good news. The multiplayer beta for Doom has been announced for March 31 at 10 p.m. EST through April 3 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
The beta promises the following:
- Maps: Heatwave and Infernal
- Game Modes: 6v6 Team Deathmatch and Warpath
- Demon: Revenant
- Weapons: Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle, Super Shotgun, Vortex Rifle, Static Rifle, Heavy Assault Rifle, and Lightning Gun
- Power Weapons: Gauss Cannon
- Equipment: Frag Grenade, Personal Teleporter, Siphon Grenade
Now for the bad news. The beta at this point is only open to people that had pre-ordered Wolfenstein: The New Order. Currently there are no other ways to enter the beta, at this point in time. Hopefully, the beta will open up to others. For those of us that didn’t pre-order Wolfenstein, we’ll have to settle for the trailer below, so we can pretend that we are playing it.