Denis Villeneuve’s ‘Dune’ reboot has another star in talks to join the increasingly impressive cast: Chang Chen.
He would play Dr. Yueh, who in the novel is a physician who works for the Atreides family.
Chen’s breakout role was Ang Lee’s ‘Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.’ He was also in the Cannes winning ‘The Assassin,’ from director Hou Hsiao-hsien. More recently he was part of ‘Brotherhood of Blades II: The Infernal Battlefield,’ ‘Mr. Long’ and ‘Forever Young.’
The remaining cast and their roles, if all deals close:
- Timothee Chalamet as Paul Atreides
- Oscar Isaac as Duke Leto Atreides
- Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica Atreides
- Stellan Skarsgard as Baron Harkonnen
- Dave Bautista as Rabban Harkonnen
- Charlotte Rampling as Reverend Mother Mohiam
- David Dastmalchian as Piter De Vries
- Jason Momoa as Duncan Idaho
- Josh Brolin as Gurney Halleck
- Javier Bardem as Stilgar
- Zendaya as Chani
Moreover, the premise is below:
“The complex story of a fallen noble family’s attempt to control a desert planet named Arrakis and its export, a rare spice drug, even as it is betrayed by a galactic emperor.”
Further, the Frank Herbert adaptation will begin filming this March. As a result, they will shoot in Budapest, Hungary, at Origo Films Studios and various parts of Jordan. In fact, Origo Films Studios marks a return for Villeneuve, who made ‘Blade Runner 2049’ there.
Also, the screenplay is by Villeneuve, Eric Roth (‘Forrest Gump,’ ‘A Star is Born’) and Jon Spaihts (‘Prometheus,’ ‘Doctor Strange’).
Warner Bros. and Legendary will release the film on November 20, 2020.
Source: The Hollywood Reporter