HN Entertainment has reported that Denis Villeneuve’s ‘Dune’ has hired Brad Ricker as the film’s supervising art director.
Ricker recently did the Academy award nominated ‘Vice.’ Also, he has worked on a couple of comic book films, ‘Suicide Squad,’ and ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming.’ Other films include ‘Bad Boys II,’ ‘Mission: Impossible III,’ ‘Inception,’ ‘Foxcatcher,’ ‘Ghost In The Shell (2017).’
Additionally, Jacqueline West (‘The Revenant’) might be the film’s costume designer.
Some crew members that have already been revealed:
- Cinematographer Greig Fraser (‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, ‘Vice’)
- Production designer Patrice Vermette (‘Sicario,’ ‘Arrival’)
- Visual effects supervisors Richard R. Hoover and Paul Lambert (‘Blade Runner 2049’)
- Special effects coordinator Gerd Nefzer (‘Blade Runner 2049’)
- Stunt coordinator Thomas Struthers (‘The Dark Knight,’ ‘Dunkirk’)
Moreover, the cast and their roles:
- Timothee Chalamet as Paul Atreides
- Rebecca Ferguson as Lady Jessica Atreides
- Stellan Skarsgard as Baron Harkonnen
- Dave Bautista as the Baron’s nephew Rabban Harkonnen
- Charlotte Rampling as Reverend Mother Mohiam
Denis Villeneuve’s reboot of Frank Herbert’s ‘Dune’ is expected to start filming in March. As a result, they will shoot in Budapest, Hungary, at Origo Films Studios and various parts of Jordan. In fact, Origo Films Studios marks a return for Villeneuve, who made ‘Blade Runner 2049’ there.
Further, the screenplay is by Villeneuve, Eric Roth (‘Forrest Gump,’ ‘A Star is Born’) and Jon Spaihts (‘Prometheus,’ ‘Doctor Strange’).
However, Legendary has yet to officially give the film a release date.
Source: HN Entertainment