EXCLUSIVE: Ben Wheatley’s ‘Rebecca’ Will Begin Filming June 3rd & Wrap August 9th in the U.K. & France
Exclusive: The upcoming adaptation of Daphne Du Maurier’s novel ‘Rebecca’ will begin filming June 3rd and wrap August 9th in the United Kingdom and France.
Moreover, the cast of the film:
- Ben Crompton (‘Kill List,’ ‘Game of Thrones’)
- Ann Dowd (‘Hereditary,’ ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’)
- Armie Hammer (‘Call Me by Your Name,’ ‘Sorry to Bother You’)
- Keeley Hawes (‘Line of Duty,’ ‘Bodyguard’)
- Lily James (‘Baby Driver,’ ‘Darkest Hour’)
- Sam Riley (‘Maleficent,’ ‘Happy New Year, Colin Burstead’)
- Kristin Scott Thomas (‘Only God Forgives,’ ‘Tomb Raider’)
The premise of the gothic thriller is below:
“The story of a newly married young woman who, on arriving at her husband’s imposing family estate on a bleak English coast, finds herself battling the shadow of his dead first wife, the mysterious Rebecca, whose legacy continues to haunt the house.”
Further, Ben Wheatley (‘High-Rise,’ ‘Free Fire’) serves as director, while the screenplay is by Jane Goldman (‘X-Men: First Class,’ the ‘Kingsman’ films).
Netflix has not set a release date for the film as of now.