Jason Reitman’s ‘Ghostbusters’ will now begin filming July 14th and wrap October 7th in Calgary, Canada. The film is set in the universe of the original two Ivan Reitman films, and revolves around a single mom and her family, who have mysterious ties back to the first 1984 movie.
Meanwhile, Carrie Coon (‘The Leftovers,’ ‘Avengers: Infinity War’) portrays the single mother, while Finn Wolfhard (‘Stranger Things,’ ‘It’) and Mckenna Grace (‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina,’ ‘Captain Marvel’) play her children.
However, the characters from the Paul Feig reboot will not be returning, due to the film being outside of continuity. The screenplay is from Reitman (‘Juno,’ Tully’) and Gil Kenan (‘City of Ember,’ ‘Monster House’).
Moreover, the crew members thus far:
- Cinematographer Eric Steelberg (‘Up in the Air,’ ‘A Quiet Place’)
- Costume designer Danny Glicker (‘The Front Runner,’ ‘Bad Times at the El Royale’)
- Production designer François Audouy (‘The Wolverine,’ ‘Logan’)
- Supervising art director Tom Reta (‘The Cabin in the Woods,’ ‘Rampage’)
- Visual effects supervisor Sheena Duggal (‘Doctor Strange,’ ‘Venom’)
Additionally, while not official, original actor Ernie Hudson has stated that the original actors may be returning.
Sony Pictures will release the film on July 10, 2020.