EXCLUSIVE: John Cho’s ‘The Grudge’ Reboot Getting Four Days of Additional Photography Starting June 3rd
Exclusive: Sony’s reboot of ‘The Grudge’ will be getting three days of additional photography from June 3rd to June 6th in Winnipeg, Canada.
Moreover, the cast is below:
- Demián Bichir (‘Alien: Covenant,’ ‘The Nun’)
- John Cho (‘Star Trek Beyond,’ ‘Searching’)
- Betty Gilpin (‘GLOW,’ ‘A Dog’s Journey’)
- Andrea Riseborough (‘Birdman,’ ‘Mandy’)
- William Sadler (‘Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey,’ ‘When They See Us’)
- Lin Shaye (‘Ouija: Origin of Evil ,’ ‘Insidious: The Last Key’)
- Jacki Weaver (‘Widows,’ ‘Bird Box’)
The premise of the latest supernatural psychological horror flick in the franchise is as follows:
“After a young mother murders her family in her own house, a single mother and young detective (Riseborough) tries to investigate and solve the case. Later, she discovers the house is cursed by a vengeful ghost that dooms those who enter it with a violent death. Now, she runs to save herself and her son from demonic spirits from the cursed house in her neighborhood.”
Further, Nicolas Pesce (‘The Eyes of My Mother,’ ‘Piercing’) serves as writer and director. The previous draft was from Jeff Buhler (‘The Prodigy,’ ‘Pet Sematary’).
‘Grudge’ will release on January 3, 2020.