Exclusive: ‘Breaking News in Yuba Count,’ the next film from director Tate Taylor (‘The Help,’ ‘The Girl on the Train’) will begin filming June 7th and wrap July 19th in Natchez, Mississippi.
Additionally, we at GWW can confirm that cinematographer Christina Voros will be reuniting with Taylor for this film. The two recently did Universal’s ‘Ma,’ in theaters now, and the pilot of FOX’s ‘Filthy Rich,’ premiering in January 2020.
Moreover, the stacked ensemble:
- Allison Janney (‘I, Tonya,’ ‘Mom’)
- Mila Kunis (‘Bad Moms,’ ‘The Spy Who Dumped Me’)
- Regina Hall (‘Girls Trip,’ ‘Little’)
- Awkwafina (‘Ocean’s Eight,’ ‘Crazy Rich Asians’)
- Samira Wiley (‘Orange Is The New Black,’ ‘The Handmaid’s ‘Tale’)
- Bridget Everett (‘Patti Cake$,’ ‘Lady Dynamite’)
- Jimmi Simpson (‘Westworld,’ ‘Under the Silver Lake’)
- Keong Sim (‘Olympus Has Fallen,’ ‘Dead To Me’)
- Juliette Lewis (‘August: Osage County,’ ‘The Connors’)
- Ellen Barkin (‘The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks,’ ‘Animal Kingdom’)
- Wanda Sykes (‘Black-ish,’ ‘Uglydolls’)
The premise of the comedy-drama is below:
“A pencil pusher (Janney) catches her husband in bed with another woman, which causes him to die of a heart attack. So she buries his body and takes advantage of the growing celebrity status that comes from having a missing husband. However, she soon finds herself in over her head, dodging cops and criminals, all while trying hide the the truth, especially from her half- sister (Kunis), a local news anchor who’s desperate for a story, and a determined local police detective (Hall).”
Meanwhile, the screenplay is from Amanda Idoko, who is currently writing ‘Plastic Man’ for Warner Bros. and DC.
At the moment, there is no release date set for the film.