After what seems like years of speculation and waiting on the part of fans, Square-Enix has officially confirmed that Final Fantasy XII (originally released on PS2 in 2006) is getting an HD Remaster, which will include the Zodiac Job System (previously unreleased in the West), as well as the following:
- Current-generation HD textures, including characters and cut-scenes fully remastered in HD
- Up to 7.1 Surround Sound, including High-Definition voicing and newly recorded background music using the current generation of sound production
- The option to switch between the original and the newly remastered soundtrack
- A trial mode that allows players to take on monsters and enemies in up to 100 successive battles
- PlayStation trophy support and share functionalities, auto-saves, and improved loading times
- A wealth of gameplay and adventure including hunts, battles, and mini-games
For those heading to E3, there will be opportunities to try out the game at the Square-Enix booth.
Here’s the official trailer:
FINAL FANTASY XII: THE ZODIAC AGE is coming to PS4 in 2017. There is currently no word on a PS Vita, XBO, or PC version.