The upcoming ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel, formerly known as ‘The Long Night,’ now has its production designer: Luke Hull.
Hull’s credits include the Sky Atlantic series ‘Fortitude,’ the BBC One & Starz miniseries ‘Howards End,’ and the upcoming HBO miniseries ‘Chernobyl.’ He was also part of Vicky Jewson’s film ‘Close,’ starring Noomi Rapace. Also, he served as art director on ‘Fortitude’ and Guy Ritchie’s ‘King Arthur: Legend of the Sword.’ Lastly, he was a set decorating department assistant on Ridley Scott’s ‘Prometheus.’
The premise of the series is below:
“Set thousands of years before the events of the ‘Game of Thrones,’ the story chronicles the world’s descent from the golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. Only one thing is for sure: From the horrifying secrets of Westeros’ history to the true origin of the White Walkers, the mysteries of the East to the Starks of legend — it’s not the story we think we know.”
Moreover, the cast so far:
- Naomi Ackie (‘Doctor Who,’ ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’)
- Sheila Atim (‘Halcyon Heights,’ ‘Harlots’)
- Jamie Campbell Bower (‘The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones,’ ‘Sweeney Todd’)
- Denise Gough (‘Colette,’ ‘The Kid Who Would Be King’)
- Georgie Henley (‘The Chronicles of Narnia’ trilogy, ‘The Spanish Princess’)
- Ivanno Jeremiah (‘Humans,’ ‘Black Mirror’)
- Toby Regbo (‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald,’ ‘The Last Kingdom’)
- Alex Sharp (‘To the Bone,’ ‘The Hustle’)
- Naomi Watts (‘Birdman,’ ‘Twin Peaks’)
- Josh Whitehouse (‘Poldark,’ ‘Valley Girl’)
Further, SJ Clarkson (‘Jessica Jones,’ ‘The Defenders’) is directing the pilot, while Jane Goldman (‘X-Men: First Class,’ the ‘Kingsman’ films) wrote the script for it. HBO picked up the pilot last June, which is based on a story from Goldman and ‘Game of Thrones’ author George R.R. Martin. Goldman also serves as creator, executive producer, and showrunner.
The location of choice for filming is Paint Hall Studios in Belfast, Northern Ireland (a mainstay for the HBO flagship series). The pilot has either already started shooting last month or will begin sometime this month. Then, the full season will resume filming this summer.
The currently untitled HBO series does not have a premiere date yet, but will most likely come out sometime next year.
Source: HN Entertainment