Hellboy Animated: Sword of Storms and Blood & Iron Release Date Revealed
With a new Hellboy live action movie on the horizon. We’re also being treated with an animated double feature that will be releasing on 4/2/2019. That’s right, not just one, but two new adventures with Hellboy and his friends. This 4K release will also come with a Blu-Ray and digital copy. These will also bring back the cast of the previous two live action films. So if you’re a big fan of the other films. I think you’ll be excited to hear that Ron Perlman, Selma Blair, Doug Jones, and John Hurt will be reprising their roles in these new animated features.
HELLBOY ANIMATED: SWORD OF STORMS OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS
In the first animated feature from director Tad Stones (Buzz Lightyear of Star Command), a folklore professor becomes unwittingly possessed by the ancient Japanese demons of Thunder and Lightning. But when The Bureau of Paranormal Research & Defense dispatches a team of agents to investigate, a cursed samurai sword sends Hellboy to a supernatural dimension of ghosts, monsters, and feudal mayhem. Now, while pyrokinetic Liz Sherman and fishboy Abe Sapien battle one very pissed-off dragon, a lost and cranky Hellboy must find his way home. Even if he can survive the perilous journey, how much crap does a guy have to put up with from the two most vengeful and ferocious spirits of Japanese legend?
HELLBOY ANIMATED: BLOOD & IRON OFFICIAL SYNOPSIS
When Hellboy, Liz Sherman, and Abe Sapien are assigned to investigate the ghost-infested mansion of a publicity-hound billionaire, they uncover a plot to resurrect a beautiful yet monstrous vampire from Professor Bruttenholm’s past. But before they can stop her bloodbath, Hellboy will have to battle harpies, hellhounds, a giant werewolf, and even the ferocious goddess Hecate herself. How much crap does a guy have to take from a Hungarian Blood Countess before he and his surrogate father can avenge the souls of the damned? It’s going to take more than just a horde of very pissed-off demons for our heroes to see the light in this animated adventure from creative producers Guillermo Del Toro and Mike Mignola.
4K ULTRA HD SPECIAL FEATURES
- “A New Breed: Creating the New Hellboy” Featurette
- “Conquering Hellboy: The Actor’s Role” Featurette
- “A View from the Top: The “Heads” Sequence” Featurette
- “Tales from the Tomb: A Look Inside Blood & Iron” Featurette
- “’Iron Shoes’ with Introduction by Mike Mignola” Featurette
- Sword of Storms Audio Commentary Featuring Hellboy Creator Mike Mignola, Supervising Producer-Director Tad Stones, and Director Phil Winstein
- Blood & Iron Audio Commentary Featuring Mike Mignola, Tad Stones, and Vic Cook
- “Reversal of Fortune, Professor Bloom’s Story” Featurette