Jason Reitman’s ‘Ghostbusters 2020’ Adds Celeste O’Connor & Logan Kim to Cast
Jason Reitman’s ‘Ghostbusters 2020’ now has newcomers Celeste O’Connor and Logan Kim onboard the cast. O’Connor’s credits include 2017’s ‘Wetlands’ and this year’s ‘Selah and The Spades,’ while this film marks Kim’s first project.
They join Carrie Coon (‘The Leftovers,’ ‘Avengers: Infinity War’), who portrays the single mother, as well as Finn Wolfhard (‘Stranger Things,’ ‘It’) and Mckenna Grace (‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina,’ ‘Captain Marvel’), who play her children. Paul Rudd (‘Ant-Man and the Wasp,’ ‘Avengers: Endgame’) will play a teacher.
Their character descriptions may just be the ones detailed below:
- TEEN GIRL:
- Works at a local American Graffiti style carhop on roller skates. She’s cool and quick witted. She meets TEEN BOY (Wolfhard) and begins a flirtation that turns into a real friendship.
- He is a passionate enthusiast for fantasy and conspiracy theories. He is all heart and approaches everything with unbridled excitement for the unknown. He’s often narrating life in real time, adding “descriptive color” to the people and situations he encounters. He meets GIRL (Grace) and immediately becomes friends.
We at The GWW also revealed the studio is casting for the role of “Roller Granny.” She is an “old woman who works at a carhop. She’s dry and funny in a way that makes her seem ambivalent to the customers.”
In an interview with Parade, Sigourney Weaver (‘Alien’) confirmed her involvement. Additionally, they state that she will not be the only one returning, as Bill Murray (‘Lost in Translation’) and Dan Aykroyd (‘The Blues Brothers’) will come back as well. All the actors, including Ernie Hudson (‘The Crow’), have read the script, but there is no official word yet on the guys. Annie Potts (‘Toy Story 4’) also teased her return to the franchise.
Meanwhile, the film is set in the universe of the original two Ivan Reitman films, and revolves around a single mom and her family, who have mysterious ties back to the first 1984 movie.
However, the characters from the Paul Feig reboot will not be returning, due to the film being outside of continuity. The screenplay is from Reitman (‘Juno,’ Tully’) and Gil Kenan (‘City of Ember,’ ‘Monster House’).
Moreover, the crew members thus far:
- Cinematographer Eric Steelberg (‘Up in the Air,’ ‘A Quiet Place’)
- Costume designer Danny Glicker (‘The Front Runner,’ ‘Bad Times at the El Royale’)
- Production designer François Audouy (‘The Wolverine,’ ‘Logan’)
- Supervising art director Tom Reta (‘The Cabin in the Woods,’ ‘Rampage’)
- Visual effects supervisor Sheena Duggal (‘Doctor Strange,’ ‘Venom’)
Further, we can also confirm filming will begin July 15th and wrap October 10th in Calgary, Canada.
Sony Pictures will release the film on July 10, 2020.