According to Collider, the CBS All Access limited series ‘The Stand’ has six actors in talks to join the cast. So, let us see who they are!
The potential cast members and their roles:
- Whoopi Goldberg (‘The Color Purple,’ ‘Sister Act’)
- Mother Abagail, who is immune to the superflu and leads the ‘good’ survivors of the plague toward Boulder, Colorado. She also claims to be a prophet of God.
- Amber Heard (‘Her Smell.’ ‘Aquaman’)
- Nadine Cross, a private school teacher and virgin who believes she has a unique destiny to be by Flagg’s side.
- Greg Kinnear (‘House of Cards,’ ‘The Twilight Zone’)
- Glen Bateman, an arthritis-afflicted professor who joins Stu on his journey to meet Mother Abagail.
- James Marsden (‘Westworld,’ ‘Dead to Me’)
- Stu Redman, a Texan who is the first man discovered to be immune to the Captain Trips virus that has ravaged the planet. He eventually becomes a leader in a community known as the Free Zone, and is tasked with confronting the evil Randall Flagg.
- Odessa Young (‘Assassination Nation,’ ‘The Professor’)
- Frannie Goldsmith, a pregnant woman who leaves her devastated community with a man named Harold Lauder, but ends up falling in love with Stu, much to Harold’s chagrin.
- Henry Zaga (’13 Reasons Why,’ ‘Trinkets’)
- Nick Andros, a young, deaf-mute grifter who wears an eye patch for most of King’s book.
Update: Deadline confirms Marsden is now cast in the role of Stu Redman.
Moreover, the premise is below:
“Stephen King’s apocalyptic vision of a world decimated by plague and embroiled in an elemental struggle between good and evil. The fate of mankind rests on the frail shoulders of the 108-year-old Mother Abagail and a handful of survivors. Their worst nightmares are embodied in a man with a lethal smile and unspeakable powers: Randall Flagg, the Dark Man.”
Further, Josh Boone (‘The Fault in Our Stars,’ ‘The New Mutants’) and Benjamin Cavell (‘Justified,’ ‘Sneaky Pete’) serve as executive producers and writers. Boone will also direct all ten episodes.
However, here is currently no premiere date as of now.