The CBS All Access limited series ‘The Stand’ has six actors onboard the cast. So, let us see who they are!
Here are the new cast members and their roles:
- Jovan Adepo (‘Sorry for Your Loss,’ ‘When They See Us’)
- Larry Underwood, a young musician with a taste for fame, as well as illegal substances. When the plague hits, he is forced to confront his demons as he makes his way to the new world.
- Whoopi Goldberg (‘The Color Purple,’ ‘Sister Act’)
- Mother Abagail, who is immune to the superflu and leads the ‘good’ survivors of the plague toward Boulder, Colorado. She also claims to be a prophet of God.
- Brad William Henke (‘Sneaky Pete,’ ‘Orange Is the New Black’)
- Tom Cullen, Nick Andros’ traveling companion, who has a developmental disability due to a fall as a child. A sweet soul, he will be instrumental in their fight for survival.
- Alexander Skarsgård (‘The Little Drummer Girl,’ ‘Big Little Lies’)
- Randall Flagg, the personification of evil, also known as The Man in Black.
- Daniel Sunjata (‘Manifest,’ ‘Happy!’)
- Cobb, who is a member of the military tasked with supervising Stu Redman as the government searches for a cure during the outbreak of the superflu.
- Owen Teague (‘It,’ ‘Black Mirror: Arkangel’)
- Harold Lauder, who goes in search of others with fellow survivor Frannie Goldsmith, after the superflu ravages his town. While his intentions are good, jealousy and his infatuation with Frannie threaten to lead him down a dark path.
The previously announced actors are below:
- Amber Heard (‘Her Smell,’ ‘Aquaman’)
- Nadine Cross, a private school teacher and virgin who believes she has a unique destiny to be by Flagg’s side.
- James Marsden (‘Westworld,’ ‘Dead to Me’)
- Stu Redman, a Texan who is the first man discovered to be immune to the Captain Trips virus that has ravaged the planet. He eventually becomes a leader in a community known as the Free Zone, and is tasked with confronting the evil Randall Flagg.
- Odessa Young (‘Assassination Nation,’ ‘The Professor’)
- Frannie Goldsmith, a pregnant woman who leaves her devastated community with a man named Harold Lauder, but ends up falling in love with Stu, much to Harold’s chagrin.
- Henry Zaga (’13 Reasons Why,’ ‘Trinkets’)
- Nick Andros, a young, deaf-mute grifter who wears an eye patch for most of King’s book.
Greg Kinnear (‘House of Cards,’ ‘The Twilight Zone’), is in talks to play Glen Bateman, an arthritis-afflicted professor who joins Stu on his journey to meet Mother Abagail.
Moreover, the premise is below:
“Stephen King’s apocalyptic vision of a world decimated by plague and embroiled in an elemental struggle between good and evil. The fate of mankind rests on the frail shoulders of the 108-year-old Mother Abagail (Goldberg) and a handful of survivors. Their worst nightmares are embodied in a man with a lethal smile and unspeakable powers: Randall Flagg (Skarsgård), the Dark Man.”
Meanwhile, Josh Boone (‘The Fault in Our Stars,’ ‘The New Mutants’) and Benjamin Cavell (‘Justified,’ ‘Sneaky Pete’) serve as executive producers and writers. Boone will also direct all ten episodes.
Stephen King, ‘The Stand’ author himself, will write the show’s finale, and it will include “a new coda that won’t be found in the book” that will reveal more about what happened to the survivors.
The crew members, so far, comprise of costume designer Angelina Kekich (‘Human Target,’ ‘Falling Skies’), production designer Aaron Haye (‘The Gifted,’ ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’), and supervising art director Justin Ludwig (‘Sacred Lies,’ ‘The Man in the High Castle’).
Filming is aiming to begin September 16th and wrap March 11th in Vancouver, Canada.
However, here is currently no premiere date as of now.