The high-concept action-thriller ‘Gunpowder Milkshake’ now has Carla Gugino in the cast. She will play a character who is part of a secret sisterhood who come together to help Karen Gillan’s character when things go south.
Gugino was recently in the first season of Mike Flanagan’s horror anthology Netflix series ‘The Haunting of Hill House.’ Also from Flanagan and Netflix, she was in the Stephen King adaptation ‘Gerald’s Game.’ She will next be in the upcoming Cinemax series ‘Jett,’ premiering this June.
The cast, so far, is below:
- Karen Gillan (‘Guardians of the Galaxy,’ ‘Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle’)
- Lena Headey (‘Game of Thrones,’ ‘Fighting with My Family’)
- Angela Bassett (‘Black Panther,’ ‘Mission: Impossible – Fallout’)
- Paul Giamatti (‘Straight Outta Compton,’ ‘Billions’)
- Michelle Yeoh (‘Star Trek: Discovery,’ ‘Crazy Rich Asians’)
The film will have a rich mythology that revolves around a multi-generational ensemble cast.
Below is the last major breakdown for a role yet to be cast:
- Emily: (Lead Female, age 7)
- Kidnapped by the Korean Mob because of a briefcase her father has stolen. Eva (Gillan) rescues her and the pair go on the run.
Moreover, the premise is below:
“Eva, a young woman (Gillan) and her estranged mother Scarlet (Headey), who are both assassins, must join forces on the run to take down a male-dominated crime syndicate they used to work for.”
Aharon Keshales & Navot Papushado (‘Big Bad Wolves’) will direct, while the duo wrote the screenplay with Ehud Lavski.
Further, filming will begin June 3rd and wrap August 8th, in Berlin, Germany.
There is currently no release date yet.