Karen Gillan & Lena Headey’s ‘Gunpowder Milkshake’ Adds Michelle Yeoh to Cast
The high-concept action-thriller ‘Gunpowder Milkshake’ adds Michelle Yeoh to the cast. She will likely play Madeleine, a conservatively dressed woman in her 50’s that is an arms dealer posing as a librarian.
Yeoh broke out with her role in Ang Lee’s ‘Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon,’ and reprised the role in the 2016 sequel ‘Sword of Destiny.’ She was recently in Jon M. Chu’s ‘Crazy Rich Asians’ and the CBS All Access series ‘Star Trek: Discovery.’ She will be leading her own ‘Star Trek’ spin-off series, reprising the same ‘Discovery’ role. This year, she has Joe Carnahan’s ‘Boss Level,’ releasing August 16th, and Paul Feig’s ‘Last Christmas,’ releasing November 8th. She will also be in James Cameron’s upcoming ‘Avatar’ sequels, releasing in December 2021, 2023, 2025, and 2027.
The cast, so far, is below:
- Karen Gillan (‘Guardians of the Galaxy,’ ‘Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle’)
- Lena Headey (‘Game of Thrones,’ ‘Fighting with My Family’)
- Angela Bassett (‘Black Panther,’ ‘Mission: Impossible – Fallout’)
- Paul Giamatti (‘Straight Outta Compton,’ ‘Billions’)
The film will have a rich mythology that revolves around a multi-generational ensemble cast.
Below is the last major breakdown for a role yet to be cast:
- Emily: (Lead Female, age 7)
- Kidnapped by the Korean Mob because of a briefcase her father has stolen. Eva (Gillan)6 rescues her and the pair go on the run.
Moreover, the premise is below:
“Eva, a young woman (Gillan) and her estranged mother Scarlet (Headey), who are both assassins, must join forces on the run to take down a male-dominated crime syndicate they used to work for.”
Aharon Keshales & Navot Papushado (‘Big Bad Wolves’) will direct, while the duo wrote the screenplay with Ehud Lavski.
Further, filming will begin June 3rd and wrap August 8th, in Berlin, Germany.
There is currently no release date yet.