Orion’s long-gestating third ‘Bill & Ted’ film now has Kristen Schaal and Holland Taylor onboard the stacked ensemble. Schaal will play Kelly, a messenger from the future, while Taylor will portray The Great Leader, the most powerful person in the universe.
Schaal was recently in Pixar’s ‘Toy Story 4,’ and is currently in the FOX animated series ‘Bob’s Burgers.’ Other credits include Disney Channel’s ‘Gravity Falls,’ Netflix’s ‘Bojack Horseman,’ and FOX’s ‘The Last Man on Earth.’ Next, she will appear in STX Entertainment’s ‘My Spy,’ which was recently pushed to early 2020.
Taylor is popular for her role in the ABC’s ‘The Practice,’ which got her a Primetime Emmy award. She is currently in the Audience Network series ‘Mr. Mercedes.’ Next, she will be in Netflix’s ‘To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before 2,’ which does not have a release date yet.
The rest of the cast members and their roles are below:
- Jillian Bell (’22 Jump Street,’ ‘Inherent Vice’)
- Dr. Taylor Wood, the families’ couples therapist
- Beck Bennett (‘Saturday Night Live,’ ‘DuckTales’)
- Deacon Logan, Ted’s younger brother
- Anthony Carrigan (‘Gotham,’ ‘Barry’)
- The relentless adversary
- Kid Cudi (‘Need for Speed,’ ‘Entourage’)
- Unknown role
- Erinn Hayes (‘Childrens Hospital,’ ‘Parks and Recreation’)
- Princess Elizabeth, Ted’s wife
- Hal Landon Jr. (‘The Artist,’ ‘Pee-wee’s Big Holiday’)
- Captain Jonathan Logan, Ted’s father
- Brigette Lundy-Paine (‘Downsizing,’ ‘Atypical’)
- Billie Logan, daughter of Ted “Theodore” Logan
- Jayma Mays (‘Glee,’ ‘Trial & Error’)
- Princess Joanna, Bill’s wife
- Keanu Reeves (‘The Matrix,’ ‘John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum’)
- Ted “Theodore” Logan
- William Sadler (‘The Shawshank Redemption,’ ‘When They See Us’)
- The Grim Reaper
- Amy Stoch (‘Dallas,’ ‘Mr. Student Body President’)
- Missy Preston, Bill’s stepmother
- Samara Weaving (‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri,’ ‘The Babysitter’)
- Thea Preston, daughter of Bill S. Preston Esq.
- Alex Winter (‘The Lost Boys,’ ‘Into the Dark’)
- Bill S. Preston Esq.
Additionally, the late George Carlin will appear as Rufus in the form of archival footage.
Moreover, the synopsis of the time-travel comedy is as follows:
“With the fabric of time and space tearing around them, a visitor from the future (Schaal) warns the duo that only their music can save life as we know it. Out of luck and inspiration, Bill (Winter) and Ted (Reeves) set out on another time-travel adventure — with the help of their daughters (Lundy-Paine & Weaving), a new crop of historical figures and some sympathetic music legends — to seek the song that will set their world right and bring harmony in the universe as we know it.”
Meanwhile, Dean Parisot (‘Galaxy Quest, RED 2’) serves as director. Also, the screenplay is from returning scribes Chris Matheson (‘A Goofy Movie’) and Ed Solomon (‘Men in Black’). In fact, the veteran writing duo are responsible for both ‘Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure’ and ‘Bill & Ted’s Bogus Journey.’
The crew members, so far, comprise of cinematographer Shelly Johnson (‘Captain America: The First Avenger,’ ‘The Expendables 2’) and production designer Melanie Jones (‘Whiplash,’ ‘The The Curse of La Llorona’).
Further, filming is currently underway and will wrap around August 17th, with locations including New Orleans and Los Angeles.
‘Bill & Ted Face the Music’ will release August 21, 2020.