‘Kingsman: The Great Game’ Adds Gemma Arterton, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, & 3 More Stars
‘Kingsman: The Great Game’ just got greater. Several new cast members have joined the project, while those who were in talks are now officially on board. Collider has given their seal of approval on the original source of this report, Baz Bamigboye from the Daily Mail.
The new cast members:
- Gemma Arterton (‘Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters ,’ ‘Watership Down’)
- Tom Hollander (‘Bohemian Rhapsody,’ ‘Bird Box’)
- Djimon Hounsou (‘Captain Marvel,’ ‘Shazam!’)
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson (‘Avengers: Age of Ultron,’ ‘Nocturnal Animals’)
- Alison Steadman (‘Pride and Prejudice,’ ‘Orphan Black’)
The cast members who were in talks, but are now confirmed:
- Matthew Goode (‘Watchmen,’ ‘The Crown’)
- Rhys Ifans (‘The Amazing Spider-Man,’ ‘Snowden’)
The cast members who were already added to the cast:
- Daniel Brühl (‘Captain America: Civil War,’ ‘The Alienist’)
- Charles Dance (‘Game of Thrones,’ ‘Godzilla: King of the Monsters’)
- Harris Dickinson (‘Trust,’ ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’)
- Ralph Fiennes (‘Harry Potter’ franchise, ‘The Grand Budapest Hotel’)
This film is a period drama prequel, and not the ending to the pre-existing Harry Hart and Eggsy trilogy. Therefore, actors like Taron Egerton and Colin Firth will not be making appearances in the movie. But fear not, the true third film is coming, as Vaughn expects to shoot the sequel after taking a short break when he wraps the prequel in May or June. Moreover, the characters in ‘The Great Game’ may tie into the untitled ‘Kingsman 3.’
The premise of the prequel is below:
“The young, cocky and charming son of a British Duke, Conrad (Dickinson) is eager to find a way to serve his country during World War I… and perhaps the Kingsman offer him just that opportunity.”
Further, this is only the start of the expanding ‘Kingsman’ universe. Vaughn is developing a ‘Statesman’ film based on the characters introduced in the second film ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle.’ Additionally, a ‘Kingsman’ an eight-hour miniseries is on the way, which is “complimentary to the movies but different enough, otherwise what’s the point?,” as said by Vaughn.
‘Kingsman: The Great Game’ is currently filming, and will release on November 15.