Today Nexon America, the publisher of MapleStory, the 14 year old, free-to-play mmorpg, announced that its game would be receiving a significant update this summer.
The Override update (formerly known as “Beyond”) will release in two parts – Override: Evolve in June followed by Override: Venture coming in July.
Nexon America revealed that this update would bring new skills, new areas, and even a new system to the world of MapleStory. The details of these updates are listed below:
Override: Evolve updates:
- Stronger Skills For 5th Job Advancement: Every class will gain access to new 5th job advancement skills, making them more powerful than ever;
- Exciting ‘Legion System’: Characters who become ‘Legion Members’ will have access to the ‘Synergy Grid’ which will give players special bonuses depending on their ‘Legion Rank’. Players can upgrade their rank and earn rewards;
- New and Improved ‘Omega Sector’:Players will be able to visit Dr. Kim in his lab as he prepares to investigate the nearby UFO with his team of M-Forcers. Prepare to visit new maps and fight new monsters, including a new boss!
Override: Venture updates:
- ‘Eluna Event’: Travel to the colony planet of Eluna, where players can mine the riches to earn experience and level up. Minerals can be acquired by hunting monsters, completing missions, overcoming traps and more;
- New Epic Area ‘Arcana’: Arcana is home to the Spirit Tree which has started to lose its power. Players must help the spirits of the forest save the tree from dying. Complete quests and receive the new Arcane symbol ‘Arcana’.
Are you excited for the latest MapleStory update news? Tell us know your thoughts in the comments below!