Marvel’s ‘Eternals’: Kit Harington to Play Black Knight; Gemma Chan Set for Sersi; Barry Keoghan Will Portray Druig
Straight from D23, the upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe film ‘The Eternals’ now has Kit Harington part of the ensemble. He will play Dane Whitman, aka Black Knight, who in the comics was a long standing member of the Avengers and had a romantic history with Sersi. Kevin Feige also confirmed that Gemma Chan (‘Crazy Rich Asians,’ ‘Captain Marvel’) will play Sersi and Barry Keoghan (‘Dunkirk,’ ‘Chernobyl’) will portray Druig.
Harington is best known for playing Jon Snow in the HBO series ‘Game of Thrones,’ which just aired its final season. He also voiced Eret in the DreamWorks animated films ‘How to Train Your Dragon 2’ and ‘How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World.’ Other recent credits include the BBC One miniseries ‘Gunpowder’ and Xavier Dolan’s ‘The Death and Life of John F. Donovan.’
Moreover, the rest of the cast and their roles are below:
- Salma Hayek (‘Frida,’ ‘The Hummingbird Project’) as Ajak
- Brian Tyree Henry (‘Atlanta,’ ‘If Beale Street Could Talk’) as Phastos
- Angelina Jolie (‘Salt,’ ‘Maleficent’) as Thena
- Ma Dong-seok/Don Lee (‘Train to Busan,’ The Outlaws’) as Gilgamesh
- Richard Madden (‘Game of Thrones,’ ‘Bodyguard’) as Ikaris
- Lia McHugh (‘The Lodge,’ ‘Into the Dark’) as Sprite
- Kumail Nanjiani (‘Silicon Valley,’ ‘Stuber’) as Kingo
- Lauren Ridloff (‘The Walking Dead,’ ‘New Amsterdam’) as Makkari
So, while we do not have a full synopsis yet, some of the premise, given by The Hollywood Reporter, is below:
“One aspect to the story involves the love story between Ikaris (Madden), a man fueled by cosmic energy, and Sersi (Chan), who relishes moving amongst humans.”
Meanwhile, Chloé Zhao (‘The Rider’) is directing, while the screenplay is from Matthew K. Firpo & Ryan Firpo (‘Ruin’).
Additionally, the crew, so far, comprises of:
- Cinematographer Ben Davis (‘Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri,’ ‘Captain Marvel’)
- Costume designer Alexandra Byrne (‘Avengers: Age of Ultron,’ ‘Murder on the Orient Express’)
- Editor Craig Wood (‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,’ ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’)
- Production designer Eve Stewart (‘Les Misérables,’ ‘A Cure for Wellness’)
- Special effects supervisor Daniel Sudick (‘Avengers: Infinity War,’ ‘Avengers: Endgame’)
- Visual effects supervisor Stephane Ceretti (‘Guardians of the Galaxy,’ ‘Doctor Strange’)
Also, we at the GWW can conform Dan DeLeeuw will be the second unit director. He recently served as second unit director for additional photography of ‘Avengers: Endgame.’
Further, filming is currently underway in Pinewood Studios in the United Kingdom. Production will wrap sometime in January 2020. Another location seems to be The Canary Islands, Spain, to make a prehistoric settlement on Teide.
Marvel Studios will release the film on November 6, 2020.