Tyrese Gibson is in talks to join ‘Morbius,’ the next installment of “Sony’s Universe of Marvel Characters.”
Gibson is famous for his role in Universal’s ‘Fast & Furious’ franchise, which has two movies coming up. However, only one of those will include Gibson: ‘Fast & Furious 9,’ releasing May 22, 2020. The other film is ‘Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw,’ releasing August 2, 2019.
But, he is set to appear in the upcoming Sony film ‘Black and Blue,’ releasing September 20. Also, he will produce and star in Warner Bros.’ upcoming feature biopic on famous Philadelphia-born R&B singer/songwriter Teddy Pendergrass.
Borys Kit of The Hollywood Reporter was able to divulge details of the character Gibson is in talks to play: an FBI agent hunting a living vampire, aka Morbius.
Moreover, the members of the production team:
- Cinematographer Oliver Wood (The ‘Bourne’ trilogy, ‘Safe House,’ ‘The Equalizer 2’)
- Production designer Stefania Cella (‘Black Mass,’ ‘White Boy Rick,’ ‘Lucy In The Sky’)
- 2nd unit director/stunt coordinator Gary Powell (‘Casino Royale,’ ‘Skyfall,’ ‘Spectre’)
- Art director Martin Gendron (‘’The Day After Tomorrow,’ ‘Get Smart,’ ‘Punisher: War Zone’)
- Supervising art director Nigel Evans (‘Deadpool,’ ‘The Kid Who Would Be King,’ ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’)
The film is based on the Spider-Man villain of the same name. Daniel Espinosa (‘Safe House,’ ‘Life’) is directing, while Matt Sazama & Burk Sharpless (‘The Last Witch Hunter,’ ‘Lost in Space’) wrote the screenplay.
Further, Jared Leto is playing the titular character, while Adria Arjona will portray Martine Bancroft. Additionally, Matt Smith will be in the film as the villain Loxias Crown, according to Charles Murphy of That Hashtag Show. Also from Charles Murphy, Jared Harris will most likely play Doctor David Langford, a supporting character from the comics.
Filming is currently underway in London, England, and will wrap on-or-around May 21.
Sony Pictures will release ‘Morbius’ on July 31, 2020.