The Netflix live-action television adaptation of ‘Cowboy Bebop’ now has Elena Satine onboard the cast. She will play Julia, a sultry beauty with a voice to die for, the dream-like object of Spike Spiegel’s desire who struggles to survive in a violent world. As per the announcement, she is a “haunted woman running from a tragic past.”
Satine recently had a recurring role in the CBS All Access series ‘Strange Angel.’ She has also been part of two comic book shows, with ABC’s ‘Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.’ and FOX’s ‘The Gifted.’ Other credits include Starz’s ‘Magic City,’ ABC’s ‘Revenge,’ and Showtime’s ‘Twin Peaks: The Return.’
Moreover, the previously announced cast members and their roles:
- John Cho (‘Searching,’ ‘The Twilight Zone’)
- Spike Spiegel, an impossibly cool ‘cowboy’ (bounty hunter) with a deadly smile, a wry wit and style to spare. He travels the solar system with his ex-cop partner, Jet, pursuing the future’s most dangerous bounties with a combination of charm, charisma — and deadly Jeet Kune Do.
- Mustafa Shakir (‘Luke Cage,’ ‘The Deuce’)
- Jet Black, one of the few honest cops in the solar system before an ultimate betrayal robbed him of all that he loved, forcing him into a vagabond life of hunting bounties to put food on the table. Jet is an inveterate jazz enthusiast and captain of the Bebop.
- Daniella Pineda (‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom,’ ‘What/If’)
- Faye Valentine, a bold, brash and unpredictable bounty hunter. Suffering from amnesia after years of being cryogenically frozen, Faye does whatever it takes to survive. Whether she’s lying, stealing, or just being a thorn in Spike and Jet’s side.
- Alex Hassell (‘Genius,’ ‘The Boys’)
- Vicious, a man who thoroughly enjoys a good kill. Vicious is the Syndicate’s most notorious hitman. He’s also Spike Spiegel’s ex-partner and arch-enemy.
Radical Ed will also be the show, but has not been cast yet.
Further, the premise is below:
“The jazz-inspired, genre-bending story of a ragtag crew of bounty hunters on the run from their pasts as they hunt down the solar system’s most dangerous criminals. They’ll even save the world…for the right price.”
Alex Garcia Lopez (‘Cloak and Dagger,’ ‘Daredevil’) will direct the first two installments of the 10-episode series. Christopher Yost (‘The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes,’ ‘Thor: Ragnarok’) wrote the pilot.
The team behind Midnight Radio (‘Zoo,’ ‘Knightfall’) are executive producing and showrunning. The banner comprises of Josh Appelbaum & André Nemec (‘Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol,’ ‘Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows’), as well as Jeff Pinkner & Scott Rosenberg (‘Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle,’ ‘Venom’). The quartet are also behind the upcoming shows ‘High Fidelity’ and ‘Limetown,’ for Hulu and Facebook Watch respectively.
Meanwhile, it is unclear if filming has begun, but shooting locations include New Zealand and South Africa.
Netflix has not yet set a release date for the series.