Netflix’s ‘Cowboy Bebop’ Live-Action Series Adds John Cho, Mustafa Shakir, Daniella Pineda, & Alex Hassell to Cast
The Netflix live-action television adaptation of ‘Cowboy Bebop’ has cast its first four actors!
The cast members and their roles are below:
- John Cho (‘Searching,’ ‘The Twilight Zone’)
- Spike Spiegel, an impossibly cool ‘cowboy’ (bounty hunter) with a deadly smile, a wry wit and style to spare. He travels the solar system with his ex-cop partner, Jet, pursuing the future’s most dangerous bounties with a combination of charm, charisma — and deadly Jeet Kune Do.
- Mustafa Shakir (‘Luke Cage,’ ‘The Deuce’)
- Jet Black, one of the few honest cops in the solar system before an ultimate betrayal robbed him of all that he loved, forcing him into a vagabond life of hunting bounties to put food on the table. Jet is an inveterate jazz enthusiast and captain of the Bebop.
- Daniella Pineda (‘The Detour,’ ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’)
- Faye Valentine, a bold, brash and unpredictable bounty hunter. Suffering from amnesia after years of being cryogenically frozen, Faye does whatever it takes to survive. Whether she’s lying, stealing, or just being a thorn in Spike and Jet’s side.
- Alex Hassell (‘Genius,’ ‘The Boys’)
- Vicious, a man who thoroughly enjoys a good kill. Vicious is the Syndicate’s most notorious hitman. He’s also Spike Spiegel’s ex-partner and arch-enemy.
Radical Ed will also be the show, but has not been cast yet.
Moreover, the premise is below:
“The jazz-inspired, genre-bending story of a ragtag crew of bounty hunters on the run from their pasts as they hunt down the solar system’s most dangerous criminals. They’ll even save the world…for the right price.”
Alex Garcia Lopez (‘Cloak and Dagger,’ ‘Daredevil’) will direct the first two installments of the 10-episode series. Christopher Yost (‘The Avengers: Earth’s Mightiest Heroes,’ ‘Thor: Ragnarok’) wrote the pilot.
The team behind Midnight Radio (‘Knightfall,’ ‘High Fidelity,’ ‘Limetown’) are executive producing and showrunning. The banner comprises of Josh Appelbaum & Andre Nemec (‘Mission: Impossible – Ghost Protocol,’ ‘Wonder Park’), as well as Jeff Pinkner & Scott Rosenberg (‘Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle,’ ‘Venom’). All four were the developers of the CBS series ‘Zoo.’
The series will reportedly begin filming on July 20th.
Netflix has not yet set a release date for the series.
Source: The Hollywood Reporter