Ridley Scott & TNT’s ‘Raised by Wolves’ Adds 7 Cast Members
‘Raised by Wolves’ has its regulars. Seven actors join the cast alongside Travis Fimmel in Scott Free Productions’ straight-to-series sci-fi drama for TNT. The series will mark Ridley Scott’s TV helming debut. Rounding out the principal group are Amanda Collin, Abubakar Salim, Winta McGrath, Niamh Algar, Felix Jamieson, Ethan Hazzard, Jordan Loughran, Aasiya Shah and Ivy Wong.
The series is from writer-showrunner Aaron Guzikowski (‘Prisoners’). The show revolves around two androids tasked with raising human children on a mysterious virgin planet. As the burgeoning colony of humans threatens to be torn apart by religious differences, the androids learn that controlling the beliefs of humans is a treacherous and difficult task.
The older cast members and their roles:
- Amanda Collin (‘A Conspiracy of Faith’) is Mother, an android with a secret past who has been programmed to raise a brood of human children on a faraway planet.
- Abubakar Salim (‘Fortitude’) will play Father, an android whose devotion to his human children is matched only by his devotion to Mother.
- Niamh Algar (‘The Virtues’) is Sue, a strong, resourceful combat medic. Also, she put aside her reservations about coming to this new planet at the urging of her husband Marcus.
- The previously cast Travis Fimmel (‘Vikings’) will play Marcus. He is a roguish, charismatic soldier, who was the ultimate survivor back on Earth.
The younger cast members and their roles:
- Winta McGrath (‘Aloft’) will play Campion, a scrappy and soulful 12-year-old boy. Mother and Father have been raising him since birth.
- Felix Jamieson (‘Game of Thrones’) will play Paul, Sue and Marcus’ 12-year-old son. He is a boy of unshakable faith in both his religion and his father.
- Ethan Hazzard (‘The Long Song’) will play the highly intelligent Hunter, age 17. His father was a high-ranking member of a powerful religious order back on Earth. But now that the hierarchy he once sat atop no longer exists, Hunter must learn what it’s like to be just like everybody else.
- Jordan Loughran (‘The Infiltrator’) will play Tempest, 17. Raised with a religion she never really believed in, she sees Mother and Father as superior to the human guardians who so often let her down.
- Aasiya Shah (‘Call the Midwife’) will play Holly, 15. Further, she is a burgeoning warrior who is trying to find her place in this strange new world.
- Ivy Wong (‘Star Wars: Rogue One’) will play Vita, 9. Additionally, she is the youngest member of the family, but also the most fearless.
Moreover, ‘Raised by Wolves’ is the first series for Ridley Scott’s sci-fi programming block on TNT. Production begins this month in Cape Town, South Africa.