Showtime’s long-gestating ‘Halo’ television series now has three new series regulars. So, let’s check them out!
The new actors and their roles are below:
- Olive Gray (‘EastEnders,’ Sex Education’)
- Dr. Miranda Keyes, a brilliant UNSC Commander who is dedicated to understanding the technology, language and culture of the Covenant, but she’ll have to learn to navigate the politics of the UNSC to get what she wants.
- Charlie Murphy (‘The Foreigner,’ ‘Peaky Blinders’)
- Makee, an orphaned human who was raised by the alien Covenant and shares their contempt for humanity.
- Danny Sapani (‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi,’ ‘Black Panther’)
- Captain Jacob Keyes, a dedicated military man, a war hero, and a caring father. He finds that working alongside his daughter and his ex-wife is usually the cause of conflict rather than comfort.
Meanwhile, the rest of the cast members are below:
- Shabana Azmi (’24: India,’ ‘Next of Kin’)
- Admiral Margaret Parangosky, the head of the Office of Naval Intelligence.
- Natasha Culzac (‘Men in Black: International,’ ‘The Witcher’)
- Spartan Riz-028, a focused, professional and deadly, cybernetically enhanced killing machine.
- Newcomer Yerin Ha
- Quan Ah, a shrewd, audacious 16-year-old from the Outer Colonies, who meets Master Chief at a fateful time for them both.
- Bentley Kalu (‘Avengers: Age of Ultron,’ ‘Stan & Ollie’)
- Spartan Vannak-134, a cybernetically augmented supersoldier conscripted at childhood who serves as the defacto deputy to the Master Chief.
- Kate Kennedy (‘Catastrophe,’ ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’)
- Spartan Kai-125, an all-new courageous, curious and deadly Spartan supersoldier.
- Natascha McElhone (‘The Truman Show,’ ‘Californication’)
- Dr. Catherine Halsey, the brilliant, conflicted and inscrutable creator of the Spartan supersoldiers.
- Cortana, the most advanced AI in human history, and potentially the key to the survival of the human race.
- Pablo Schreiber (‘American Gods,’ ‘First Man’)
- Master Chief, Earth’s most advanced warrior in the 26th century and the only hope for salvation.
- Bokeem Woodbine (‘Fargo,’ ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’)
- Soren-066, a morally complex privateer at the fringes of human civilization whose fate will bring him into conflict with his former military masters and his old friend, the Master Chief.
Moreover, the premise of the video game adaptation is below:
“Taking place in the universe that first came to be in 2001, dramatizing an epic 26th-century conflict between humanity and an alien threat known as the Covenant. ‘Halo’ will weave deeply drawn personal stories with action, adventure and a richly imagined vision of the future.”
Otto Bathurst (‘Black Mirror: The National Anthem,’ ‘Peaky Blinders’) and Roel Reiné (‘Knightfall,’ ‘Wu Assassins’) will direct multiple episodes. Kyle Killen (‘Awake,’ ‘Mind Games’) and Steven Kane (‘The Closer,’ ‘The Last Ship’) serve as co-showrunners.
Additionally, the crew, so far, comprises of ‘Into the Badlands’ costume designer Giovanni Lipari, composer Abel Korzeniowski (‘Penny Dreadful,’ ‘The Nun’), and special effects supervisor Paul Stephenson (‘Black Sails,’ ‘The Last Kingdom’).
Further, the series is about to begin filming in Budapest, Hungary. The season will be nine episodes, one less than the original order of ten.
Lastly, ‘Halo’ will premiere in the first quarter of 2021. Thus, we can expect the show at some point between January and April 2021.