According to The Scottish Sun, ‘Taboo’ and ‘Chernobyl’ actor Alex Ferns is joining the cast of Matt Reeves’ ‘The Batman.’ And if this recent IMDb update is correct, he will be playing Commissioner Pete Savage.
— Geeks WorldWide (@The_GWW) January 24, 2020
Another earlier IMDB update states that fellow ‘Chernobyl’ actor Con O’Neill is portraying Chief Mackenzie Bock.
Moreover, the rest of the cast and their roles are below:
- Robert Pattinson (‘Good Time,’ ‘The Lighthouse’) as Bruce Wayne, aka Batman.
- Paul Dano (’12 Years a Slave,’ ‘Prisoners’) as Edward Nashton, aka The Riddler.
- Colin Farrell (‘The Lobster,’ ‘Widows’) as Oswald Cobblepot, aka The Penguin.
- Zoë Kravitz (‘Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald,’ ‘Big Little Lies’) as Selina Kyle, aka Catwoman.
- Newcomer Jayme Lawson as Bella, a grassroots political candidate running for office in Gotham.
- Peter Sarsgaard (‘The Magnificent Seven,’ ‘The Looming Tower’) in a role codenamed Wasserman.
- Andy Serkis (‘The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King,’ ‘Black Panther’) as Alfred Pennyworth.
- John Turturro (‘The Big Lebowski,’ ‘The Night Of’) as Carmine Falcone.
- Jeffrey Wright (‘Westworld,’ ‘The Laundromat’) as Commissioner Gordon.
Reeves, the helmer of the ‘Dawn’ and ‘War’ installments in ‘Planet of the Apes’ franchise, serves as both director and co-writer, with scribe Mattson Tomlin penning the screenplay with him. Tomlin wrote the upcoming Netflix film ‘Power,’ from directors Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman.
Additionally, the film will feature a rogues gallery of villains. Characters that will be featured alongside The Riddler, Catwoman, The Penguin, and Carmine Falcone, include Firefly, Two-Face, and Mad Hatter. The casting for Two-Face, aka Harvey Dent, will be quite soon (if Sarsgaard is not Dent).
The crew, so far, comprises of:
- Cinematographer Greig Fraser (‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,’ ‘Vice’)
- Composer Michael Giacchino (‘Incredibles 2,’ ‘Jojo Rabbit’)
- Costume designer Jacqueline Durran (‘Beauty and the Beast,’ ‘Darkest Hour’)
- Editor William Hoy (‘300,’ ‘Watchmen’)
- Production designer James Chinlund (‘War for the Planet of the Apes,’ ‘The Lion King’)
- Visual effects supervisor Dan Lemmon (‘Dawn of the Planet of the Apes,’ ‘The Jungle Book’)
Also, costume designers David Crossman and Glyn Dillon (‘Rogue One: A Star Wars Story,’ ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’) tackled the batsuit.
Further, filming is underway in London, England.
Warner Bros. will release ‘The Batman’ on June 25, 2021.